Subject: Big monthly board game meetup in Portland, OR! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hey folks, just wanted to let anyone local to Portland, OR know that tonight and the first Wednesday of every month there's a big board game meetup at Beulahland on NE 28th & Couch.

* We usually have 20-30 people and dozens of games.

* Gaming starts at 7pm and goes until late. Minors are allowed until 9pm.

* Here's the Facebook event and Geek Portland listing.

* We're usually in the booth section on the right.

Here's a list of games we usually have:

Ticket to Ride, Small World (& Underground), Lords of Waterdeep, Cosmic Encounter, Cards Against Humanity, Glory to Rome, The Resistance, Qwirkle, Gloom, (Star & Pirate) Fluxx, Munchkin, Carcassone, Pandemic, Citadels, Dominion, Zombie Dice, Dixit, Revolution!, and a bunch more.

As you can tell this focuses more on lighter games as we get a lot of newbies, but it's still fun times and I hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fun! I can't make tonight due to a game event at my house, but maybe next month I will check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't do facebook. GeekPortland doesn't have any "create an account" link. Do you know how I can get an account on that site so I can subscribe to event notifications?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be in town the week of May 22-29th. Any way we can ask for one of these meetings to occur in that time frame? We'd love to meet people from the local BG scene and are pretty active locally here in MN (we're both former playtesters for FFG). We're considering an eventual move to Portland and would love to see the kind of folks who we'd be gaming with if that happens! If not, GeekPortland is an AWESOME tool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A whole week! I bet there will be tons of events available for you to pick from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
A whole week! I bet there will be tons of events available for you to pick from.

Good to know. We have something similar to what you're talking about here called the "Minneapolis Board Game Marathon" that's a 3-4 day monthly event, so we were hoping to participate in something similar. But we're happy with what we can get!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the Portland Guild homepage: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/60
It's got many of the weekly events listed out. I don't think we have any monthly multi-day things (that I am aware of), but lots of weekly stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Check the Portland Guild homepage: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/60
It's got many of the weekly events listed out. I don't think we have any monthly multi-day things (that I am aware of), but lots of weekly stuff.

Thanks Mindy! I've been poking around there so it's just a matter of chosing the best fit. I posted a new thread as not to overtake this one! Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.