Subject: A couple rule clarifications. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Olsen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
Played our first game of WoW: tB last night, and it went well. We all enjoyed it quite a bit.

Naturally I do have a couple questions I'm hoping someone might be able to clear up for me.

The first regards Arcane Intellect. The power card states:

"Start of your Dice Pool step: Gain 1 Energy.
After combat, you must immediately lose any Energy in excess of your capacity."

Now, I thought I read the rules on Regain/Gain pretty thoroughly. I thought the difference was that Regain = regeneration, and Gain = adding additional X on top of your normal max Y. ie, boosts your Energy max from 7 to 8 as an example.

However, from reading the card, it makes it seems like every time a new combat round starts, assuming that a combat lasts several rounds, that the mage is gaining 1 Energy back. Basically he's regening mana every turn.

So I'm a little confused on that one.

The other question I have refers to the Stun debuff. I don't have the quotation on me, but it basically says that everytime you roll a 1 or 2, you get a Stun counter, which reduces your dice pool by 2 per counter. These counters last till the end of the combat.

The reading in the rules is pretty explicit, but I may still be unfamiliar with the terminology. Does the Stun last till the beginning of the next round and then wears off, or do the counters continue to stack on and remain endlessly until the fight is over, with either you or the monster dead?

If so, man, thats brutally nasty for the player. Just a couple unlucky rolls can devestate you.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll end up with more questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Arcane Intellect, I would say yes, you DO get 1 Energy every round, and it can be OVER your max, but you drop to your max at the end fo the total combat. I believe Gain simply means you get the extra energy whether or not you are at your max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
MechaJeff wrote:

Now, I thought I read the rules on Regain/Gain pretty thoroughly. I thought the difference was that Regain = regeneration, and Gain = adding additional X on top of your normal max Y. ie, boosts your Energy max from 7 to 8 as an example.

Not quite. Your max Energy never changes, you can just go over it until the end of combat.

Quote:

However, from reading the card, it makes it seems like every time a new combat round starts, assuming that a combat lasts several rounds, that the mage is gaining 1 Energy back. Basically he's regening mana every turn.

Correct.

Quote:
The reading in the rules is pretty explicit, but I may still be unfamiliar with the terminology. Does the Stun last till the beginning of the next round and then wears off, or do the counters continue to stack on and remain endlessly until the fight is over, with either you or the monster dead?

It lasts until the end of combat.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thels de Kwant
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
IMHO, creatures that can stun are among the nastiest creatures in the MMO. Same goes for the boardgame it appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.