Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on picking up a copy of enhanced edition but heard that many of the cards were cut too long to sleeve properly. It sounds like there was a 2nd edition of the enhanced edition, has the card size issue been corrected? Is there anyway to tell a second printing copy from a first?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that all of the mistake packs that people bought were fixed already. Also, the percentage that were mistakes were a very small portion. From my understanding, the issue has been fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Kickstarted the EE and just finished sleeving them and some heroes cards were too long for Mayday sleeves. Not sure it bothers me enough to have them replaced and have to sleeve them all again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding was that nearly all the cards were printed slightly too long. Some folks received a couple of decks in their game that were printed correctly and therefore where shorter than the rest of the cards. Those that asked for replacement cards so that all the cards matched were sent replacements for the shorter, correct sized cards, (i.e. they were sent cards that were slightly too long) so that everything they have would match (and therefore be longer than standard).

As a pretty anal sleever, that solution doesn't really work for me and I figured I'd wait for a reprint when, presumably, all the cards were the standard size. Anyone know if that happened yet, or perhaps is my understanding of the original issue wrong?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleitus the Black wrote:
My understanding was that nearly all the cards were printed slightly too long. Some folks received a couple of decks in their game that were printed correctly and therefore where shorter than the rest of the cards. Those that asked for replacement cards so that all the cards matched were sent replacements for the shorter, correct sized cards, (i.e. they were sent cards that were slightly too long) so that everything they have would match (and therefore be longer than standard).

As a pretty anal sleever, that solution doesn't really work for me and I figured I'd wait for a reprint when, presumably, all the cards were the standard size. Anyone know if that happened yet, or perhaps is my understanding of the original issue wrong?

Thanks again.

Your understanding is correct. I believe they returned some of that printing to the manufacturer to be fixed after it was discovered, so I would guess that the currently available printing will have cards of the correct height. I don't know for sure, though. I have been assured that the copies of the base game that were ordered through the Shattered Timelines Kickstarter will have cards of the correct height.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fitzmaurice
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a copy of the enhanced edition over Christmas and there are a few hero decks where the card sizes are different within the deck (where the deck was split over two packs of cards), so I assume that there is a difference in card size in my copy.

It doesnt bother my group, so Im not going to chase it down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.