Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wicker [+] [View All]
Robert Crozier
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
ok, now i have to ask... i have been lurking for some time

(aside: how i found BGG) i found BGG by coincidince: play D&D frequently and also tabletop mini wargames warhammer, warmachine, etc... in any case i bought battleground fantasy warfare because it looked fun, cheap, and something i can use to play wargames with non-gamers. in any case i had a rules question about battleground and i e-mailed the designer, who has a ps in his reply asking me to go to boardgamegeek.com and rate battleground if i liked it. so i dropped by, was intrigued, and stayed. a week later i found myself buying settlers of catan... then cities and knights... then seafarers... then the 5-6 player x-packs... and now im looking into the next game im going to buy

in any case, my question, i have to know... what is the whole wicker basket thing... i just don't get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty recent.

(much more recent than Jingles the Donkey )

I think I'm right in saying "He started it!":

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just something stupid I made up for no particular reason. It really isn't supposed to make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
From non sequitur to meme in 60 seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
That avatar may be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on this site.gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Borden
United States
Somerset
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about the avatar. I wish I wasn't such a newbie so I could start a GG collection to kill the avatar. I peaked on this site at work today...I'm afraid that avatar is not going to sit well with my boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanetSmasher wrote:
I agree about the avatar. I wish I wasn't such a newbie so I could start a GG collection to kill the avatar. I peaked on this site at work today...I'm afraid that avatar is not going to sit well with my boss.

I am not sure why your boss would see it unless you showed it to him/her. Clear your cache before you go home. Or, use Firefox with adblock and you can blacklist it. I am actually surprised I can see BGG from work... most sites that have 'game' in the title are blacklisted by my firewall.

If someone starts a collection and I'd consider changing it... that is not why I selected it, to get GG... but if people feel the I need I'd consider it for > 50gg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crozier
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
what if i send you a wicker basket...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be foolish, nay a veritable catastrophe, if we started to pay people to stop displaying 'inappropriate' avatars. Simple economics dictates that this policy would produce more inappropriate avatars than there are colonists in Puerto Rico.

That said, Pronoblem, could you please not use that image?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangit, all I see is plain 'ol, vanilla, everyday, Hasselhoff-free Pronoblem. The new avatar must have come and gone quite quickly, or my computer is in denial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, your computer is in denial
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, there we go. To think I might have missed that...

You know, Hasselhoff really brought something to the table in the realm of fictional, televised law enforcement, not to mention the genre of fictional, televised beach rescue. But I think his proudest moments were those spent behind the dark goatee of Garth Knight, the dashing, hard-edged Yin to the more complex-seeming Yang of dashing ex-con Michael. They must have shot those scenes on different days--no one could just flip a switch like that.

Anyway, I say it's a fine choice for an avatar, particularly in these troubled Holiday times.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Thommy8/tag/wicker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
It was just something stupid I made up for no particular reason. It really isn't supposed to make any sense.

soblue

Chad...this is like saying Santa Claus isn't real

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
Dangit, all I see is plain 'ol, vanilla, everyday, Hasselhoff-free Pronoblem. The new avatar must have come and gone quite quickly, or my computer is in denial.

Since when has Pronopoblem been Hasselhoff-free? I'll believe it when I see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.