Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Rousseau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Witch zombies game do you prefer and why? Pros and cons...You can includ all the zombies extensions if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies blows even with the house rules it requires to be a decent game. Mall of Horror is a completely different animal but it has more decisions and lots of backstabbing. As far as comparing them, there's very little they have in common other then the theme of zombies running around. You might as well compare Ra with ASL. If you like negotiation, Mall of Horror is fun. If you like rolling dice over and over and over again with not a lot of strategy and a lot of luck, get Zombies! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies!! is mindless fun. House rules speed play but its fun without them. Its mindless, but fun. It oozes theme and how can you go wrong with 100 zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mall of Horror is a negotiation game. Zombies is a dungeon crawl. Which type of game are you more interested in? They're both good games, but personally I'd recommend Zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
how can you go wrong with 100 zombies?

You can't. In fact I have all the Zombies expansions PLUS 50 Glow in the Dark Zombies up for trade AND MidEVIL! That's right, they've got your name all over 'em, son. Now, just let me take a look in your game closest.

Seriously, you can go wrong with 100 Zombies, 100 Zombie Dogs, half a bag of GitD Zombies and 100 Armed Skeletal warriors. Zombies has only hit the table twice with my group. One definitely has to have the "right group" of friends to enjoy mindless blood drenched Zombie themed fun. For my friends the gaming "pleasure pay off" is not worth the time investment in a game of big theme and little strategic depth. They want tanks and artillery on the board.

Now the rules changes in MIDEVIL could be adapted to Zombies with Zombie dogs worth 1 point, Gray Zombies 2 points ands Glow Zombies 3 points but I can't get my guys to even try it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both negotiation games, and dungeon crawls.

Mall of Horror is a negotiation game, Zombies is a dungeon crawl.

Mall of Horror is an excellent negotiation game, Zombies is a so-so dungeon crawl.

Note: I have only played Zombies once, without all of the expansions, so keep that in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hobbs
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both and like both.
Right now however, our group is having much more fun playing Mall of Horror. If you like a good cutthroat backstabbing negotiation game you can't go wrong with Mall of Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.