Subject: How Did Traps Work in the 1st Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I heard tell that they were actual things you put in the floor instead of just cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Largely like in 2e (card-based, immediate effect when played), but depending on trap may have had a token as side effect that stayed behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sphären Wanderer
Germany
flag msg tools
Some of them. There were traps that opened pits or blocked terrain through falling rocks. In some of the expansions were Indiana-Jonesesqe giant rolling stones and stationairy disk saw and arrow traps. The other traps were just cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boulders and disk saws had their tokens. There were also boulder path tokens... And pit tokens. Stomach tokens. There were also crushing walls that used few tile long tokens, I think 4 of them... and were used only in one quest.

Also that's not traps but fire breath and lightning bold had special tokens showing their are of effects.

1st edition really liked tokens. The only one of them I do miss is monkey curse token. There were guys who had big monkey mascots that they gave to cursed players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Loviska

Zeeland
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Areinu wrote:

1st edition really liked tokens. The only one of them I do miss is monkey curse token. There were guys who had big monkey mascots that they gave to cursed players

You can still use the curse of the monkey god if you use the saboteur overlord cards. I don't remember which act it is, but you can get your use out of that monkey tile still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do, I do. Saboteur is my favorite, though Magus is on 2nd place. Warlord is boring. Too bad it works so short :< Though once I gamed the system and had all 15 cards on my hand and all I used was curse of monkey god or wicked laughter if they passed.

I was looking towards Punisher, but it having only 7 cards means that path will leave OL with completely no customization options... Still when Polish version comes out this spring I will give it a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Areinu wrote:
I do, I do. Saboteur is my favorite, though Magus is on 2nd place. Warlord is boring. Too bad it works so short :< Though once I gamed the system and had all 15 cards on my hand and all I used was curse of monkey god or wicked laughter if they passed.

I was looking towards Punisher, but it having only 7 cards means that path will leave OL with completely no customization options... Still when Polish version comes out this spring I will give it a chance.

Punisher has exactly the same number of cards as the other three classes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh... Well, I don't have Lair of the Wyrm and I'm sure I saw 7 cards being there on some listing. My bad That makes me look towards that class again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Risto R
Finland
Hämeenlinna
Häme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Areinu wrote:
Oh... Well, I don't have Lair of the Wyrm and I'm sure I saw 7 cards being there on some listing. My bad That makes me look towards that class again!

7 is what the other classes have
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.