Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Brimer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find anywhere in the rules that says you can not dump your hand one card at a time into an Edge battle if you don't like any of your cards.

This would be an excellent way to burn through a deck, leaving only a few cards in your hand that you may want to keep.

Anyone else do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. That's a feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually this is one of the really cool things of the game. The card draw is usually a huge deck building issue but this game has 2 abilities built right in. The edge battle AND the discard a single card before you draw.

I love it and feel it allows the cards to focus on other aspects of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did this last night, scored an objective, drew 6 awesome new cards the next turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Steiger
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is pretty intentional; in fact, you probably shouldn't be starting a turn with cards in your hand very often.

But, you don't want to just dump your hand in Edge battles on your turn willy-nilly, because then you'll have nothing left to use on your opponent's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which also means I can restrict your card draw by not attacking and giving you an edge battle to dump them into while I build up for a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Festini
Germany
Markt Schwaben
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swingjunkie wrote:
Which also means I can restrict your card draw by not attacking and giving you an edge battle to dump them into while I build up for a turn.

Of course then the opponent can just make token attacks with cheap units to burn through his deck. Which will then result in you easily winning all edge battles during your own turn.

This strategy seems more appropriate for the DS player, considering he "just" has to draw the game out long enough.

The tricky part is knowing when your opponent wants to cycle his cards and when he would prefer to hold onto them anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
Trienco wrote:
swingjunkie wrote:

Of course then the opponent can just make token attacks with cheap units to burn through his deck. Which will then result in you easily winning all edge battles during your own turn.

This strategy seems more appropriate for the DS player, considering he "just" has to draw the game out long enough.

The tricky part is knowing when your opponent wants to cycle his cards and when he would prefer to hold onto them anyway.

This is why I love the game so much, I have to be flexible and bend but not break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
This is why I love the game so much, I have to be flexible and bend but not break.

You have to know when to hold'em and when to fold'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm finding myself deploying too much and not having enough cards in hand to be effective in edge battles. The old Magic mentality coming back of "get as much on the table as fast as you can."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.