Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - Jan 11th - 17 players wanted
Hi all,
So, I've mostly run short games so far, but I've been wanting to run a long one (or at least a medium length one), and I had this idea I wanted to try. The rules are basic WW, with bit and pieces borrowed from the more popular long games. More detailed rules will come shortly (this weekend), just wanted to get this game set up for now. It's designed for 17 people, and I was aiming for a window of Jan 3th - Jan 12th to run it.

RULES

Rules follow stardard Werewolf (WW) rules. One side is the WW and the other is the village. Each daycycle all players vote to lynch a player they suspect is a WW. Each nightcycle anyone with special actions act (including a night kill by the WW). The game ends when all WW are killed (village win), or when there are as many WWs as villagers (WW win). No one is allowed to PM any other player unless their role allows it (traditionally only WWs can PM each other). There will be role reveal at death.

VOTING/LYNCHING

NIGHT falls at 7:30PM BGG time. At this time, the player with the highest number of votes will be lynched. A tie will be broken by longest held vote. Any votes timestamped after 7:30PM BGG time will not count.

Players may vote for nightfall. If enough people vote nightfall so that the outcome is unquestionable, then it will be done. You cannot change your vote or unvote nightfall once you have done so.

Players may vote for themselves.

Votes need to be in bold to be counted, as per standard. You must do a bold unvote of someone before voting for someone else. You are allowed to unvote without having a new vote ready.

Vote posts that are edited will not count.

CONDITIONAL VOTES

Conditional votes may be accepted, as long as they are not placed within an hour of lynchtime. Conditional votes for nightfall are not accepted. If a conditional vote is worded in such a way that more than one person could be the target of the vote, it will not be allowed.

All conditional votes are public, and any can be rejected at any time for any reason. Conditional votes which I feel are too confusing will be rejected outright.

DAWN

DAWN will occur at 10:30PM BGG each night, OR whenever I have all night orders in, whichever comes first. Hence your night orders must be in by 10pm but can be placed at any time of the day. Night orders not received will be randomly determined (for views and kills only).

MISC

Only editing of posts if you need to correct minor spelling/grammar. No editing posts at all when you have died. No posting from the dead (although the obligatory zombie post is acceptable).

Players with night actions will be notified if they get a night 0 action.

Mod information/rules text or questions from players in red
Players may pm with questions that they do not wish to ask aloud, of course.

SIDES

The two sides for this game are the Goblins and the Elves. Players will be PMd their side along with their role at the beginning of the game. The elves win if they defeat the goblins, and vice versa.

ROLES

Following are possible roles in the game. Some roles won't be included, some roles not listed will be included, and exact numbers of each role type will not be listed. Abilities listed are guidelines, and only players PMd with that role will know their precise abilities/limitations.

Common Elf - The Common Elf has no special abilities.

Christmas Elf - The Christmas Elf has the ability to make toys. Each night he can make one of the following toys, and pass it to another player. He may not use the toys he makes. He cannot make the same toy two nights in a row. Toys are:
Quote:
Groucho Mask - As a night action, a player can choose to wear this. Until the next night the player can look like any other role of their choice. Also, the player cannot be spotted by any enemy lookers.

Hot Potatohead - When created the CE chooses a number from 2 to 5, this is it's timer. Any player who receives a Hot Potatohead must pass it the following night. Once it has been passed a number of times equal to it's timer, it kills the last person to receive the toy.

Magnifying Glass - Allows a person who uses it a one time chance to view the role of another player. I roll a d6, on a 1-3: no view, 4-5: side, but no role, 6: you learn the role. This sees through any disguises.

Rocking Horse - If you are attacked by the wolves at night, you escape and the rocking horse is discarded.
Dark Elf - The Dark Elf gets to choose at the beginning of the game which side he works for.

Elven Apprentice - The Elven Apprentice has a chance of taking on a more powerful role if that role dies.

Elven Archer - If the Elven Archer is lynched, he gets to randomly kill one of the people who voted to lynch him

Elven Mystic - The Elven Mystic can spot powerful Goblins. Each night he gets to view a player, and will be informed whether they are a powerful Goblin or not. He does not see minor Goblins. What consistutes 'powerful' or 'minor' is pre-determined, but only known by the moderator.

Elven Protector - The Elven Protector may select another player each night to protect them from the WW. If that player was selected as the WW kill then the Elven Protector dies in his place.

Elven Warrior - If the Elven Warrior is the last elf alive with a goblin, then the elves win.

Goblin Shaman - The Goblin Shaman can spot powerful Elves. Each night he gets to view a player, and will be informed whether they are a powerful Elf or not. He does not see minor Elves. What consistutes 'powerful' or 'minor' is pre-determined, but only known by the moderator.

Goblin Slayer - The Goblin Slayer is the WW of the game. Wearing the blackest of armor, and wielding an ebony sword, the Goblin Slayers sneaks out at night and kill a player of their choice. Goblin Slayers may freely PM each other.

Goblin Trickster - The Goblin Trickster is the master of disguise. He may change his appearance as a night action. When he dies, his changed appearance is revealed instead of his normal role. This also affects night views.

Keebler Elf - The Keebler Elf can bake 2 cookies each night. His only limitation is he may not bake 2 of the same type of cookies on the same night. He may keep any cookies he bakes, or pass them (as any players who gets cookies can do). Cookies are passed at night, but a person may relinquish their daytime vote to request an Emergency Cookie Pass. They state the type of cookie they want in bold letters, and the first person to PM the mod that they are passing that cookie, passes that cookie. It is eaten immediately. The cookies the Keebler Elf can bake are:
Quote:
Mint Cookie - A player who eats this is healed from a bad status.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie - A player who eats this is immune from WW attacks for the night. They may not perform a night action though.

Plain Cookie - A player who eats this will not appear as anything special for any views on the next night.

'Special Cookie' - A player who eats this learns the results of a night view that another player learned sometime in the game (randomly determined).

Sugar Cookie - A player who eats this gets an extra night action. You may only eat one sugar cookie per game.
Mons's Goblin Raider - The Mons's Goblin Raider is a 1/1 goblin which requires the tapping of one red ... oh wait .. wrong game. These are normal Goblins with no special abilities.

Snot Goblin - The Snot Goblin as a night action can make someone ill. An ill person cannot vote the following day, and loses their next night action.

------

Any rule changes/suggestions?

-Munch "About time I posted these" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Munch I didn't read anything about the game I just know you are modding it so I am joining

Edit: oh... not that there was much to readblush

-Bagpipe "There better be a bunch of enjoyable taglines" Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Did you check the calendar, Munch? There are a LOT of games going on already in January... I know I can't sign up because I've already committed to several January things :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did check the calendar. On the 11th there are 3 17-player gaems that started on the 3rd. By the 11th those games will should have 5 players left each (or have completed). Highlander and a super secret game are starting on the 9th, of which there is no information, nor is there currently a sign-up sheet, and so I don't hold much hope of them rallying enough interest to get started on time/at all (no offense to the people hosting thoses games). So while there is the appearance of alot of games at that time, I don't believe there will be much activity. The only strong contender I see are any short games that pop up, and Elysia by Alex (of which the game should be at 11, and finished in a few days, so not much competition).

Wait, just checked, there are only 2 17-player games. You just moved Showbiz 2.0 to Feb.

-Munch "Is this assessment flawed?" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I see Doomtown has moved back to the 12th, another game is starting that week, and only one game is starting on the third. Moving this game forward to avoid conflicts.

-Munch "bump" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
From first to last, from last to first, werewolf means *not* being cursed.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - Jan 3rd - rules posted - need 16
You filthy bumper. I'll join in your elven sing-along.

J-"double-barreled"-A-"interjecting quote"-val

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - Jan 3rd - rules posted - nee
I'll be tenative on this one. Should be back by the 3rd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - Jan 3rd - rules posted - need 15
I'm a big joiner. add me to the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - Jan 3rd - rules posted - need 13
4 Happy little elves .... sweet ....

only 13 more needed ...

-Munch "you must be --this short-- to play this game" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - Jan 3rd - need 13 happy elves
only 12 more needed. I'd like to be a happy elf too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seppi
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 12 spots left
konditionally kount this kooky elf in (next week's schedule still uncertain)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 11 spots left
I'll play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Meyer
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 11 spots left
I've got the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 9 spots left
Put me as tentative, need to check my schedule first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 8 spots left
Moved lynch time to 7:30 pm BGG so as not to conflict with Shadows. Dawn is still at 10:00 PM, but I could move it back to 10:30 PM.

8 spots left.

3 tenative players.

Note: the game can be played with less than 17. It was originally designed with 15 in mind, but it will not go higher than 17. If there are more players than spots, definite players will bump tenative players.

-Munch "just updating" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 8 spots left
I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 7 spots left
I am in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 spots left. Xandryyte moved from tenative to in.

-Munch "hoping to get enough players to start on time" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm pretty new at this but would like to give it a go. So please count me in.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seppi
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 6 spots left
good to go... delfinitely in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion starts after 4-6 spots filled
Seppi moved from tenative to in. 6 spots still left. The game can start with a minimum of 15, so if/when the next 4 spots are filled the game will start. If they are not filled in the next few days, the game will be delayed until a less busy time.

-Munch "Notification and roles will be sent out then" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts Jan 3rd, 6 spots left
I'm in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts after 3-5 spots filled
I'll play if there's still room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elftown: Goblin Invasion - starts after 2-4 spots filled
You're both in. Still looking for at least 2 (at most 4) more in the next 2 hours, so that roles can go out tonight, and we can start tomorrow.

-Munch "Get your happy elf face on" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [27] |