Dave M
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title is fairly self-explanatory... I'd love more, but I only have this game and I think my wife and I have exhausted our board game budget for a while (and our ink cartridge budget, much as the customs look interesting)...

Are there more out there? Where am I supposed to look?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is so much made by fans here. The single page sheets for heroes are my personal favorite (little printer cost). The link below is to a thread that has two other links in it for Many new heroes and adventures.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/836080/best-of-three

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just doing a cursory check on Wizards of the Coast's site and I found this: a three part adventure called Servants of the Thunder Shaman

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/duad/20110408

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, and that requires Ravenloft, which we don't have and aren't buying for a while.

To the first guy - I want more adventures, not game mods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walter, welcome to BGG!

Each game came with different types of "supplementary bits" that showcased various ways of creating adventures.

Ravenloft had item tokens, crypt tokens, monster tokens, crypt corners and named tiles. Drizzt had cavern edges, named tiles, double tiles, treasure chest tokens and some item tokens. Ashardalon had doors, shield tokens, treasure tokens, chamber tiles and a deck of chamber cards.

I would say Ashardalon offered the least number of options for user-created adventures (especially the lack of item tokens) but it had 2 very good ideas that basically gives you more in-game adventures compared to the others. The chamber cards offer a great number of different victory objectives and the campaign game using the treasure tokens and boon cards was an extended adventure that neither of the other games had.

Hence the lack of custom adventures that do not include parts from the other games.

Some ideas off the top of my head, not new adventures but just varied ways of playing the existing adventures:

1. My Lair Deck had this custom rule where if there is a door on an unexplored edge, exploring any other edge means you draw tiles from the bottom of the tile stack.

2. Slot in an unused chamber entrance tile between tiles 4-7. Drawing this tile triggers the chamber placement and also draw a Chamber card. Treat this as a mini-boss challenge and reduce the severity of the challenge e.g. halve the villain XP and treat it as 4XP for experience.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
There are tons of custom cards that are beautifully made that you could print out, but if you want a cheaper option just make up your own "random encounter" table. Write down the numbers 1-20 and then make up your own ideas to go next to them, and then instead of flipping random monster cards on new tiles, roll a d20 and consult your list to see what happens.

Or just make up special encounters and use the chamber entrances to initiate your custom encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Betanc
msg tools
walterskinnerFBI wrote:
The title is fairly self-explanatory... I'd love more, but I only have this game and I think my wife and I have exhausted our board game budget for a while (and our ink cartridge budget, much as the customs look interesting)...

Are there more out there? Where am I supposed to look?

I had the same thought... I recently bought WoA and judging by how long it is published I found only a limited amount of new scenarios or campaigns.

I like the idea of a no-addons-game and the concept of mini-campaings - so they can be played through in one gaming evening.

A good "random game" is nice but I prefer having a bit of a story and campaign-feeling. Therefore I am going to release a pack of 10 mini-campaigns (3 scenarios each) here soon... I will have some free time in May that I will use to finish a beta release, maybe as soon as the first week of June.

Playable but with awful text I guarantee devil
English is not my first language so I will need other gamers´ help to correct the text and streamline the storytelling.

Planned are three versions in English and Deutsch:
1. WoA no-addons, easy and fast setup
2. WoA plus some of this wonderful user created stuff from the internet.
3. Solo-Player (not sure yet if No-Addons, with Extras or both)

Pack will include among others:

Xanathon´s Curse or the Return of the Spuming Nooga: Confront invulnerable evil priest Xanathon and heal Duke Stefan from his lunacy before the dwarves get to him.

Talisman - the Magical Quest: Built up your characters for the ultimate challenge: the fight for the Crown of Command. But beware! Other parties of adventurers seek the same prize. And can you really trust your comrades?

Forbidden Island: A band of greedy adventurers in a gold-frenzy heads on a suicidal mission. Find the treasures on the Forbidden Island before the sea floods the caves for ever.

Acererak´s Tomb

Honor among Thieves: You are new to the thieves guild and have to prove you are reliable. Will you stay loyal to your superiors or will you even fight for the control of the guild?

Wanted: Bargle the Thief

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lars, if you have the Dungeon Command sets, there are some cool tiles and thematically-suited monsters that you could use in your custom adventures for WoA as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Betanc
msg tools
...thanks for the hint because that is exactly what I need: Some big halls like in a palace!

I don´t mind the different size considering the stack of normal CR and WoA tiles. I itend to build a small thief campaign too. And a good burglar knows the layout of his target object before going in. So probably I´m going to build scenarios where the floor plans or parts of them are already "on the table" from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran
msg tools
mbmb
I'm gonna give this a bump, I'm wondering too about OP's question, and ther haven't really been much good answers zombie

I checked this out,
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/59113/dungeons-dragons-cas...

But the only WoA adventures it seems to have are the default ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran
msg tools
mbmb
another bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhys Corlett
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
I brought this without thinking it through
badge
I don't have to explain my art to you
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not aware of anything ‘official’, but there are a few ideas…

Play the original missions as a long campaign:
Look up the campaign rules
Look up the rules for levelling to level 5
Get a pen and paper, jot down the wilderness/town events (you can find the cards people have made with event ideas), numbering them 1-20.
Start with the first campaign in the booklet, keeping to the campaign rules and activating a few wilderness/town events between each mission by rolling the D20 and auctioning the numbered event (along with buying items, etc).

Play random maps:
Throw in all the special tiles (other than the chamber cards) and start exploring (if you trigger a chamber build it as normal and draw a random chamber card from your deck). Set a GP or XP goal that you have to meet before you can leave via a stairwell.

Play any user-made mission:
Seriously – they’re all the same system, so most will work fine – all you really want are the ‘story’ bookends and the goal. Just pick a user made mission and replace anything you don’t have with something you do have, and if someone mentions ‘monster tokens’ roll a D4 instead. It’ll play 80% the same.

Play psudo-DND:
Grab any old DND supplement and run through it, replacing any monsters with WoA monsters. Instead of using their charts or maps, use random tile draws with special tiles (like the old battle ground or the vault) as areas for encounters. For any skill checks required, just say 10+ ‘passes’ the check. Get a few here: http://www.dungeonmastering.com/campaigns-adventures/83-free...
You can start with something like: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Khybers_Harvest.zip (For example, in the second encounter use orcs which Ash has already, and for cultist eyeblades, use cultists. Later on use orcs, dwarves and cultists in the encounters, rather than what the module states. For a final boss, use one of the normal bosses)

Play REAL DND:
The 4e rules are free, and you can start playing using what WoA has in the box! Get them here: http://www.dndclassics.com/product/110212/H1-Keep-on-the-Sha...

Play a competitive game:
Start on the main tile, have one person go left, and the other go right. No attacking each other, you still have to follow the monster AI properly. Person with the most GP wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran
msg tools
mbmb
Hey, these already sound pretty cool! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.