Subject: "Remove Casualties" Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Page 30 of the rulebook, it says: "When replacing one Elite unit with a Regular one, the Regular unit can be taken from the previous casualties (if any)."

Does this mean that it can be taken from the previous casualties of the current battle, or the previous casualties from the entirety of the game? Some clarity on this point would be much appreciated! I am reading through the rules in preparation for my first game and I'm really excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
It means "from the previous casualties from the entirety of the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Veldrin wrote:
It means "from the previous casualties from the entirety of the game."

Thanks! Does this apply to both the Free Peoples and the Shadow? I'm confused because in some places it says that the Free Peoples' units are permanently out of the game when they're defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
It only applies to the Free Peoples as the Shadow's dead guys go back to the reinforocment pile.

The FP player simply always take regulars from the dead pool (if possible) when an Elite is dowgraded (either when prolonging a siege or when taking an odd number of hits in combat (or from Event Cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks so much for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No way! I asked this question before but got different answers! This makes casualties for the FP a little *less* painful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blondlostime wrote:
I asked this question before but got different answers!

No, you didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.