Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Berry
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to upload files to the 18xx family page? I don't see a "Files" section on the page.

I'm looking for a home to upload some files about combining 1825 units and kits. This info doesn't belong in any of the 12 or so pages about the individual 1825 games and expansions, so I thought perhaps the 18xx family page would be appropriate.

The range of forums also seems to be restricted to only "general" posts.

An alternative might be to create a new page for the 1825 family, but I'm not sure there's enough traffic to warrant that. In any case, that would only be appropriate if it is possible to create a "family" page with a "Files" section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there aren't files for the various second class objects. Add the file somewhere and link, or better yet, make a bgg wiki page.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most obvious place would seem to be the 1825 core set page.
Or all three of the base sets, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a core set per se, hence the question.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a functionality that I am trying to get added. There are few systems out there that would benefit from it--18XX, OCS, ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please allow families to be part of other families, so activity in the 1825 family can trigger an 18xx subscription.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
In particular, it would be really nice to allow the various generic 18xx scoring spreadsheets to be uploaded here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Morganza wrote:
In particular, it would be really nice to allow the various generic 18xx scoring spreadsheets to be uploaded here.

Much of the activity there seems to be happening around Google Docs, which makes that more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Morganza wrote:

Much of the activity there seems to be happening around Google Docs, which makes that more difficult.

A generic (or game-specific) 18xx spreadsheet in Excel format can be downloaded to my laptop or iPad and used anywhere that I happen to be. A Google Doc is only usable if I have a network connection.

As one small tiny example, last November I played 1817 at a convention where one of the major US wireless carriers had no signal in the gaming areas, and WiFi cost $15/day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
A generic (or game-specific) 18xx spreadsheet in Excel format can be downloaded to my laptop or iPad and used anywhere that I happen to be. A Google Doc is only usable if I have a network connection.

As a generic question, what iPad app do you use for Excel sheets? I haven't found a good app yet, and have been (irrationally) hesitant to get the Apple toolset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
Morganza wrote:

As a generic question, what iPad app do you use for Excel sheets? I haven't found a good app yet, and have been (irrationally) hesitant to get the Apple toolset.

I've downloaded a few of the free ones but haven't used any of them enough to make a recommendation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
jmdsplotter wrote:
Morganza wrote:

I've downloaded a few of the free ones but haven't used any of them enough to make a recommendation.

Then the search continues ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to use Numbers on my iPad. A sample of the spreadsheets I use for 18xx can be found at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/138421/iPad%2018C2C.numbers

It is a sheet aimed at being used on an iPad rather than OSX.

You should only need to enter data into the yellow fields in the sheet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Rustin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
Morganza wrote:

I've always used Numbers as well. For it's comparatively low cost, it's a pretty fully featured spreadsheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elemental wrote:
jmdsplotter wrote:
Morganza wrote:

I've always used Numbers as well. For it's comparatively low cost, it's a pretty fully featured spreadsheet.

I don't want a zillion spreadsheet/database features, I just want to be able to add and multiply numbers on a single page. I'm not paying $10 for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.