Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GameNight Coordinator
United States
Waukee
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Not sure if you ever do anything like this, but I wanted to ask you if you might be willing to donate some games to a charity (WACFP) that is holding an auction of board games, card games, and miniatures during an upcoming Community Game Night (1/14/06) to raise funds?
I know that there are currently many opportunites to which to dontate your time, energy, and money (End of Year Support Drive, New BGG MySQL Server / BGG Fundraiser Update, Secret Santa, etc.) and you may get bombarded with local requests during this time of year and may be at the point of donor fatigue, but I hope that you do not skip this note without reading (but rather will see the opportunity to help those in need, while generating a bottom line benefit (tax break)).

Full details at www.westview.org > ConnectionPoints > CommunityGamingNight.
The food pantry is a not-for-profit entity registered with the IRS so your game donation is fully deductible (consult your tax advisor) and receipts can be provided (just ask for one with your donation). Your donation will help to feed the hungry including dislocated hurricane victims.

Obviously, the WACFP would appreciate a donation of some of your newer or more popular games (such as Caylus, Roads & Boats, Gardens of Alhambra, Conquest of the Empire, Power Grid, La Citta, Antike, Byzantium, Crusader Rex, Railroad Tycoon, Antike, Hazienda, Il Principe, Indonesia, Kreta, Reef Encounter, Siena, Tempus, etc.); however, the reality is that they would appreciate ANY AND ALL donated games. So, perhaps this might be an opportunity to open the storage room down in the basement and clear out some obsolete titles and get the tax break?
The current player base would definitely bid on almost any board games from Rio Grande, Mayfair, DoW, uberPlay, OTB, FFG, and others as well as the following CCGs: Doomtown/Deadlands, 7th Sea, Redemption, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Anachronism, Babylon 5, Warlord, NetRunner, Shadowfist, and others. The Heroclix and A&A miniatures would also be popular. But this is NOT much of an RPG crowd.

Please let me know if you can help out. Send packages to
Waukee Area Christian Food Pantry Game Night
Attention: Community Game Night Coordinator
1155 Boone Dr.
Waukee Iowa 50263

Thanks.

--
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Charity fund raiser - Can you help?
I "discarded" the note when you didn't sign it with a human being's name. I'm sure others will be more forgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GameNight Coordinator
United States
Waukee
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Charity fund raiser - Can you help?
I have faith that they will.

MisterCranky wrote:
I "discarded" the note when you didn't sign it with a human being's name. I'm sure others will be more forgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GameNight Coordinator
United States
Waukee
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Last chance to dump all those excess games for Tax deduction
OK, "last chance" was a bit of hyperbole. But we probably are getting close to the deadline to ship games to the charity game auction described below. Thank you for your support...

CommunityGameNight wrote:
Not sure if you ever do anything like this, but I wanted to ask you if you might be willing to donate some games to a charity (WACFP) that is holding an auction of board games, card games, and miniatures during an upcoming Community Game Night (1/14/06) to raise funds?
I know that there are currently many opportunites to which to dontate your time, energy, and money and you may get bombarded with requests during this time of year and may be at the point of donor fatigue, but I hope that you do not skip this note without reading (but rather will see the opportunity to help those in need, while generating a bottom line benefit (tax break)).

Full details at www.westview.org > ConnectionPoints > CommunityGamingNight.

The food pantry is a not-for-profit entity registered with the IRS so your game donation is fully deductible (consult your tax advisor) and receipts can be provided (just ask for one). Your donation will help to feed the hungry including dislocated hurricane victims.

Obviously, the WACFP would appreciate a donation of some of your newer or more popular games (such as Caylus, Gardens of Alhambra, Louis XIV, Conquest of the Empire, Power Grid, La Citta, Antike, Byzantium, Crusader Rex, Railroad Tycoon, etc.); however, the reality is that they would appreciate ANY AND ALL donated games. So, perhaps this might be an opportunity to open the storage room down in the basement and do some massive clearing (and get the tax break)?
The current player base would definitely bid on almost any board games from Rio Grande, Mayfair, DoW, uberPlay, OTB, FFG, Z-man, and others as well as the following CCGs: Doomtown/Deadlands, 7th Sea, Redemption, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Anachronism, Babylon 5, Warlord, NetRunner, Shadowfist, and others. The Heroclix and A&A miniatures would also be popular. But this is NOT an RPG crowd.

Please let me know if you can help out. Send packages to
Waukee Area Christian Food Pantry Game Night
Attention: Community Game Night Coordinator
1155 Boone Dr.
Waukee Iowa 50263

Thanks.

--
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.