Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat H
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A reprint of For the People is on the GMT P500 list, and I have heard that the reprint may come out as soon as next summer. However, the number of P500 pre-orders for FtP at this point is rather low at this point, does anyone know if GMT re-prints also have to pass 500, and then 700, before they are final?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heldt
United States
Harper Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Two panzer jocks in the South Seas hoping that soon they'll get lei'd--
mbmbmbmbmb
My info might be outdated, but I always understood that reprints only had to get to 250.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Basa
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quote from Gene Billingsley in the GMT forum on Consimworld on October 19, 2005:

Quote:
Next, here is some news about scheduling for several reprints and 2nd editions of popular games.

1. Both Caesar: Conquest of Gaul and War Galley have enough P500 orders (in WG's case because we have already printed four of the game's six countersheets) to print. Tony has them worked into the schedule for early 2nd quarter 2006 release.

2. 2nd Edition Saratoga has almost enough orders to print. Tony's looking for a slot to get it printed - hopefully by 2nd quarter '06.

3. We REALLY hate having several of our best-selling CDGs out of print. Tony and I have been working on a solution for getting them back in stock without hurting the company financially. The good news is that we have stockpiled and secured the funds and financing to reprint two games, For the People and Barbarossa to Berlin, by next summer. Both projects will involve updated rulebooks and in the case of BtB, quite a few card text updates to handle known errata and designer mods. For For the People, we'll also have some additional cards. Mark and Ted will be putting the final touches on the updates over the next few months, so feel free to contact them if you'd like to help. I'll have a "2nd Edition" website up for each of these games over the next month or so - just like we did for 2nd Edition Saratoga. More details to follow there. Timing to release: Roughly 6-8 months from now.

I want to emphasize here that these two have the green light regardless of P500 numbers. Naturally, the higher those P500 numbers, the less we have to rely on outside financing, so we'd still encourage you to pre-order via P500 if you're wanting those games.

4. The Napoleonic Wars is also on our reprint target list. We've made the decision that we want to completely rework the rulebook in the Wellington format, and are currently talking to several team members about helping us accomplish that. Once that is done, we'll greenlight that project as well, and add a Nappy Wars Update kit - which will contain at least cards and the new rules - to the P500 list so all you guys who own the first edition won't have to buy a whole new game. We're wanting to have this one reprinted by mid-summer '06 or so. Just depends on how quickly we get the rules rewrite completed and how the P500 numbers look at that point.

Whew! I THINK that's all on the reprints.

I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat H
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks bonkee3000, the For the People reprint specificaly will be out next summer.
I'm still on the fence. I have Price of Freedom on pre-order, but For the People sounds pretty interesting also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davepanzer wrote:
My info might be outdated, but I always understood that reprints only had to get to 250.

The info is outdated. Reprints now have to reach 500. See GMT's description of the P500 process at http://www.gmtgames.com/p500/gmtp5d.htm

That said, For the People is an exception to the rule. As others noted above, it is due to be reprinted this summer regardless of the P500 count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.