Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Grigoras
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into this debate here

Quote:
4.8.4 Cadre Markers. Keep cadre markers near the map. Whenever the last cell in a country without a cadre is removed by Disrupt (7.4) or event (not Jihad or Travel, 8.3-8.4), place a cadre there. Cadres enable Recruiting (8.2.2). Whenever a cell is placed from the Funding track into a country with a cadre, remove the cadre.

Question: The cadre is removed only on recruit operations or also by events placing cells?

Example: Pakistan has no cells, has a cadre marker. Taliban is played as event (#93). A cell is placed in Pakistan. Will the cadre maarker will be removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me it must be, the rule specifically says 'placed from the Funding Track' and that's where a cell placed by an event comes from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Feldheim
Israel
flag msg tools
Yes, under any event or operation that adds a cell to a country, if that country had a cadre, that cadre is removed (as it is no longer needed, you can still recruit there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Grigoras
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. So travelling cells don't remove the cadre, but recruiting or placing cells via event removes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Don't forget the US player can Disrupt Cadres too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangulica wrote:
Thanks guys. So travelling cells don't remove the cadre, but recruiting or placing cells via event removes it.

I never noticed that distinction. Thanks for pointing that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangulica wrote:

I never made the difference before, so thanks a lot..
---
If an event permit the removal of a cell, can it also be used to remove a cadre? If a last cell in a country is removed by an event, does it get replaced by a cadre like when removed by a disrupt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dahusband wrote:
Dangulica wrote:

I never made the difference before, so thanks a lot..
---
If an event permit the removal of a cell, can it also be used to remove a cadre?

Hi! No, if all it says is "cell", it means just a cell.

Quote:
If a last cell in a country is removed by an event, does it get replaced by a cadre like when removed by a disrupt?

Yes, see the rule quoted in the original post.

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Hunt
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangulica wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the question here.

Travelling cells that land in a country with a Cadre marker DO remove the Cadre marker. The only purpose of a Cadre marker is to mark countries where you can recruit even though no cells are present there. Hence, there's no reason to have a Cadre marker and a cell in the same country...

Cadre markers cannot travel the way that cells do, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DSHStratRat2 wrote:
Dangulica wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the question here.

Travelling cells that land in a country with a Cadre marker DO remove the Cadre marker. The only purpose of a Cadre marker is to mark countries where you can recruit even though no cells are present there. Hence, there's no reason to have a Cadre marker and a cell in the same country...

Cadre markers cannot travel the way that cells do, however.

A cell travelling into a country doesn't remove the cadre. Look at 4.8.4 in the rules.

'Whenever a cell is placed from the Funding Track into a country with a cadre, remove the cadre.'

That's the only situation listed where the marker is removed.

Also see 8.3.2., if a cell is already in a country and tries unsuccessfully to travel elsewhere, the cell is removed to the Funding Track and no cadre is placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I remember the Cadre rules is that if country B has no cells, and I move a cell from A to B and then from B to C, the answer to "Does B have a cadre?" does not change because of the cell that was "just passing thru".

So travelling into a place that has a Cadre does not remove the cadre (but placing from the track does), and the last cell leaving due to travel does not place a cadre (but losing the last cell to an event does).

The case I always have to look up is whether losing your last cell to Jihad places a cadre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.