s s
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I'm looking for a way to re-create the feeling of getting together and playing some board games with my long distance friends.

We love Dominion and Carcassonne.

We used to love Settlers of Catan but most of us are so sick of playing it, mainly because it's the only board-to-internet adaptation that we know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Faber
United States
Kirkland
Wa
flag msg tools
I threw a boomerang a few years ago...
badge
I now live in constant fear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride on the 360 is good. Androminion is a great dominion port, but I think it isn't available any more sadly.

Granted, if I'm doing a video game with my friends that are my board gaming buddies, we play something like You Don't Know Jack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry (Leroy) Capasso
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an Xbox 360 version of Carcassone with online play that is pretty good for $10, though the developer was disbanded thanks to Activision so there was no expansion support (other than a couple of the early minis).

I still enjoy playing it today though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
You Don't Know Jack is fun. Carcassonne has an Xbox Live Arcade implementation that is pretty good. Quarrel is an enjoyable word game that you can play with up to four people.

There are tons for iOS (just look at the blog).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s s
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Unfortunately none of us have iOS devices although I understand they are nice for gaming.

I just found an online implementation of Dominion hosted on dominion.isotropic.org ... It looks pretty cool and we're going to try it tonight.

Androminion looks cool--it does seem to still be available--but it's not multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.