Subject: Corp drawing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
I read a lot about "the corp should rarely draw cards", but what happens if I'm in need of a particular card type? For example, I draw no economy cards (while using a starter deck or other typical deck), or I feel like I need more ice against a criminal deck?

Under what conditions should I just wait to draw it normally versus spending clicks to draw cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that drawing more cards as Corp just gets my hand full of agendas faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
I find that drawing more cards as Corp just gets my hand full of agendas faster.

Tends to be my experience..

"Welp, hand full of agendas, better draw some cards to get ICE. Probably safe to draw now, so many agendas in my hand!"

Proceed to draw 2 more agendas. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I think that extra drawing with the Corp happens more than it should. Having said that I don't think it is always a bad thing for you.

If you do have agendas in hand filling your hand up can decrease the odds that they'll hit one (not a guarantee but it helps a good bit of the time).

If you're just sitting pretty and the runner is building up then you probably should be building up as well - usually the early game for you is better spent taking credits as a 1:1 and just letting your mandatory draws happen naturally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very true. I think the more important thing to remember (or at least the thing I always have trouble with) is to take credits. If you need cards, draw cards, but it is almost never bad to just take more money with "spare" clicks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There comes a point in some games when the Corp is sitting on a pile of money and just hasn't seen the Agenda yet. That's probably when it's a good time to spend clicks for draws.

Keep track of the Agenda you've seen pass through HQ - you know the ratio of agenda left in R&D, the Runner doesn't.

I've also bluffed trying to dig for an Agenda when every remaining point was in my hand. Drew, Drew, smiled and put it down in the Remote Server.

Runner, thinking it was a 3-cost game ender ran straight into the Snare!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For sure, if you've got a hand full of agendas, and it's getting hit, dig for ice to protect it properly.

The reason not to draw as Corp, in my opinion is that you need your actions for other things. All things being equal, runners usually hit R&D anyway, and agenda flood is only really a problem because it clogs up your hand, assuming your severs are protected. It's serious, but it's not a reason not to draw as corp. The reason not to draw is that you draw every turn already, and it's relatively rare that you want to draw more than that. (The runner usually draws in bursts, which is better, but you don't have that option, and you draw a lot of cards as it is.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Drew, Drew, smiled and put it down in the Remote Server.

Runner, thinking it was a 3-cost game ender ran straight into the Snare!

With Jinteki around, there are plenty of reasons to smile devil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
I may be in the minority, but I like to play with Research Station in my deck. I feel it helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're a minority, but not a vast minority. Research Station's a good card, I'd play it if space weren't so tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dyer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's often worth drawing another card if the Runner is looking at your R&D for the majority of turns. Otherwise they'll know pretty much every card that's gone in to your hand, they won't need to bother running your HQ and they're going to get first dibs on any agendas that come up.

In that situation drawing extra cards at least means that the runner has to think about your remote servers or HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.