Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lava pools are pictured on tiles 12B and 35B, but I see no special rules regarding its effect in the scenarios where the tiles are used.

On the back of the Fire Imp cards it says, 'ignores all effects of lava'.

Does lava do nothing special yet, and the Fire Imp cards are just future-proofed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Lava tiles are mentioned in the core rulebook, in the Terrains section. I don't have it in front of me, but I remember entering lava tiles giving one damage (heart) and ending the turn their there (yay for my English) defeating the monster/hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kollapse wrote:
Lava tiles are mentioned in the core rulebook, in the Terrains section. I don't have it in front of me, but I remember entering lava tiles giving one damage (heart) and ending the turn their defeating the monster/hero.

Well done, sir - thought I was going mad!

However, you'd have thought that they would have incorporated the Burning Tokens when a Hero steps into lava.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Öberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Yugblad wrote:

However, you'd have thought that they would have incorporated the Burning Tokens when a Hero steps into lava.

And for the Fire beatles, Elementals and so on. The new burning-effect seems a bit left out from some of the spells and monsters that should've had the effect from the beginning.

I wonder if FFG have any plans to implement burning on other firebased effect in the game, as well as reprint the Elemental with both the new Air-effect and the with the Fire-effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've retrofitted some of the monsters so that they now have the Burn ability (usually to replace a surge: +1 wound ability). I'll publish the updated monster cards to BGG at some point.

Changing the effects of lava to incorporate Burn is as easy as a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Yugblad wrote:
kollapse wrote:
Lava tiles are mentioned in the core rulebook, in the Terrains section. I don't have it in front of me, but I remember entering lava tiles giving one damage (heart) and ending the turn their defeating the monster/hero.

The reason I knew this from the top of my head was that we actually played the game on Friday, and the question came up: I used used Fire Imps, but couldn't find any rules in the Lair rulebook regarding lava. Hadn't I found it, I would have been the one posting your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yugblad wrote:

The Burning condition was added in the expansion, so it didn't exist in the core rules where lava is described.

It's easy enough to house rule in if you want to, but that's the reason why they didn't do it officially that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
Yugblad wrote:

The Burning condition was added in the expansion, so it didn't exist in the core rules where lava is described.

It's easy enough to house rule in if you want to, but that's the reason why they didn't do it officially that way.

That would have been an easy enough thing to add with Lair of the Wyrm, don't you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.