Subject: A question about stretch goals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm becoming more and more intrigued by this with each passing day. However I missed out on the KS campaign, was this the only chance to get the stretch goal nationalities and personalities, like the Canadians and Airborne? Will they also be released as a separate expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as I understood all nationalities in the stretch goals would be available as expansions for like 10$ a nationality. don't quote me on this. it was somewhere in the updates or comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll probably miss out on the canvas bag and possibly some of the advanced weapons or specialty vehicles that didn't go with a nationality set, but my guess is those will eventually get released as well, perhaps even with the respective nationality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Voisin
United States
Lockport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, last option is to watch the listings here or on eBay. I'm sure there will be people who bought more than 1 a looking to sell some of the extra sets for a little profit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was also mentioned that those stretch expansions would not hit retail immediately, so you should expect to have to wait for some time to find them on store shelves. Retailers would not take kindly to being inundated with all of these Up Front offerings at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, there was mention the nationality sets would be released for ~$10-12 and the sets with action decks for ~$20-25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rik has said everything (except the bound rulebook) would be available. Major nations $26.95. Base game $49.95. You can find his comments in the comment page of the kickstarter...

Rik Falsh from the kickstarter comments page on November 17th
$49.95 an $26.95 for MAJOR nations. Varied for MINOR stretch nations.

Rik Falsh from the kickstarter comments page on November 20th
... The rulebook will ONLY be available to Kickstarter supporters. A later all-inclucsive one may be published later but it would not be hard bound like the exclusive one.:

Rik Falsh from the kickstarter comments page on November 28th
Yes, we will trickle that stretch reward nations into game stores over a year or two.

I couldn't find the comment on the bag, but they sell their other kickstarter bag (D-Day Dice for $25) on their web site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a completest. I'm sure there are some nations/armies that I just will not be interested in playing. So I'll probably be putting those up on the market. I doubt I'm alone so there will be a way to get these nations before they are available retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder WHERE you can buy this game AND the 5 extra nationalities when you missed out on Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
I wonder WHERE you can buy this game AND the 5 extra nationalities when you missed out on Kickstarter?

Well right now there isn't a place at all. Someday online and retail stores I'm sure.

You could search Ebay for the old edition though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
neo.colpaert wrote:

Well right now there isn't a place at all. Someday online and retail stores I'm sure.

You could search Ebay for the old edition though.

That's why I was hesitating to participate on Kickstarter. I have the old edition. But when I see the new graphics... That's something else!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:

People will try and sell them on eBay for BIG bucks I bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's part of the reason I may never get into this game at all. I'm not going to pay ridicules extortion prices to the ebay crowd. I'd rather pay direct to the publisher or to a brick and mortar store at a reasonable price. If it turns out that the stretch goal expansions were a one time only limited edition thing count me out as well, I do not like "collectable" games.

Hopefully they'll be released as regular expansions at a later date though. So far I'm watching with guarded optimism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sputnik Monroe wrote:
That's part of the reason I may never get into this game at all. I'm not going to pay ridicules extortion prices to the ebay crowd. I'd rather pay direct to the publisher or to a brick and mortar store at a reasonable price. If it turns out that the stretch goal expansions were a one time only limited edition thing count me out as well, I do not like "collectable" games.

Hopefully they'll be released as regular expansions at a later date though. So far I'm watching with guarded optimism.

You're 100% right. If this can not be bought after Kickstart in a normal store or even directly from the publisher, you can bet on it that this will get an "Ebay-treatment" like Warhammer Quest and the old Spacehulk-editions and that you will pay maybe 10 x the original cost. Been there done that a bit too much in the past, giving me lots of "wife & wallet"-problems... zombiecry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.