Robert V. Bolton
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja Versus Ninja Overview

Ninja Versus Ninja from Out of the Box Publishing is a two player abstract strategy game designed by Tushar Gheewala. Each player controls a set of six ninjas that are trying to protect their dojo, while simultaneously trying to invade their rival’s dojo. You score points based on how far you make it into your opponent’s area and back in a set number of turns without being captured. The winner is the player who scores seven points or captures all the opposing player’s ninjas.

Gameplay in a Nut Shell

On a player’s turn, he rolls the dice and moves his ninja the number of space indicated by the dice. He can move his ninja in either a straight line or in an “L” shape. The ninja can do a reversal movement while in an opponent’s dojo. You can opt to combine the reversal movement with the “L” shaped movement. If a ninja’s movement doesn’t end on top of another ninja he has to move around him since the other ninjas is blocking his path. If a ninja’s movement ends on top of another ninja he has captured that ninja. Remove captured ninjas from the game. Once a ninja leaves a his dojo, indicated by the bamboo flooring on the game board, to invade his opponent’s dojo he is on a mission. That ninja has three turns to complete this mission. Capture results after three turns. A mission consist of invading an opponent’s dojo and returning to your own. The further you venture into your opponent’s dojo the more point you score.

What’s in the Box?

6 Black Ninjas
6 Red Ninjas
2 Ninja Masters—one red and one black
2 Grey Shadow Ninjas—one red and one black
2 Four-Sided Dice
Game Board
Rule Sheet
The only complaint I have is the swords on the ninjas. The soft rubbery plastic is not rigid enough. I would prefer hard plastic ninjas, but I can live with how they are.

Overall Impression of Ninja Versus Ninja

Easy to learn rules, quick gameplay, and quality components make this game a great addition to anyone’s collection. I initially purchased this game with my kids in mind. I didn’t think this game would challenge an adult, but I was wrong. There is enough strategy for adults to enjoy, while keeping things simple for a child. So when your child ask to play Ninja Versus Ninja, you’ll be able to enjoy it as much as them. I would recommend this game to anyone with children. It would also make a fun filer at a game night as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.