Subject: Isildur's Bane vs. Mithril Coat and Sting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shadow player plays Isildur's Bane, allowing him to draw a hunt tile that can't be reduced in hunt damage. The Free Peoples player has Mithril Coat and Sting on the table. Can she use it to draw a different hunt tile and potentially reduce the hunt damage that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, it can be very annoying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
Can anybody confirm if this is the way this is done?

Can you use Mithril Coat and String to force a redraw on a Hunt tile drawn because of Orc Patrol, Isildur’s Bane, or Foul Thing from the Deep?

If Mithril Coat and String can force a redraw, is the new Hunt tile no longer bound by the Event card that allowed the Hunt tile to be drawn in the first place? For example, if Isildur’s Bane was played, and if Mithril Coat and String was used to force a new tile to be drawn, if the new tile was an Eye or Fellowship special tile could it be used and could any Hunt damage be reduced with Axe and Bow or Horn of Gondor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use Mithril Coat and Sting to force a redraw of a Hunt tile drawn for any reason. The new tile's effects are resolved under exactly the same conditions as the original tile's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.