Subject: Overruns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simmy Peerutin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an instance where a AFV had enough movement to enter a light woods hex which contained a shaken MMC...but not enough to overrun.
So...I think the AFV is not allowed to overrun in a light woods hex?...but can it enter the hex? ...and if yes, then what happens to the shaken MMC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What says the rulebook:

15.3 Overruns
Vehicles with machine guns or other main armament may overrun
infantry located in Open, Brush, Low Crops, Wheat Fields, or High Grass (Forgotten Heroes
module).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself, I would play it as if our vehicle had conducted and failed its overrun attack. Thus, I would follow the procedure presented in the last two paragraphs under 15.3 (and reproduced below)

Stéphane

Following an overrun attempt, any surviving Good Order MMCs/Heroes may Close Assault the vehicle as described below in section 17.1. Ignore any reference to moving into the vehicle’s hex, as the counter-attackers are already there. MMCs/Heroes that wish to Close Assault must, however, still pass a morale check prior to Close Assaulting.

If the vehicle survives the Close Assault, it may remain in the hex. If it has sufficient movement points, it may continue moving —even conducting subsequent overruns if it has sufficient movement points. If the vehicle chooses to remain in the hex, all enemy infantry units, except Shaken Weapon Teams, also in the hex must retreat to an adjacent hex of their owning player’s choice. Shaken Weapon Teams are eliminated. If the Close Assault destroys the vehicle, no further action is required from the surviving (both Good Order and Shaken) infantry in the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.