Popular Tags: [View All]
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I allowed to combine allied forces for attack purposes in a 2-player game?

For example, I want to attack in Front 9 on my German turn with a German Army where the Russians have 2 counters. I also have 2 AH armies. Can I reveal all 3 armies to gain the +1 advantage? Also, if I can, may I declare one of the AH armies as my primary army? I'm thinking yes and no (I can reveal them all but on the German turn, the primary attacking army must be German and if I did this on the AH turn, an AH army would have to be primary.)

Thanks for any ideas on this or is there something in the rules I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Gray
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules with me right now, but I remember a specific rule (in the Movement section) indicating that German armies which start any round in Fronts 5, 6, 9, 10, or 11 are controlled for all purposes by the German Allied faction.

I interpreted this to mean that those Fronts are "German Allied" Fronts and that only the German Allied faction can attack in those Fronts. When they do attack, I believe they can reveal any/all armies and can use those armies as they wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stevens
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
You're right. German units who begin the round in those fronts are effectively treated as Austrian units. So German replacements placed on those fronts may immediately fight (or move) during the German Allied turn until or unless Austria spends a move to return them (or until they die).

Note that German units may also redeploy, during the German turn, into those "Austrian" fronts. In such cases, I read the rules to state that the German Allied player may not designate them for combat or movement during the current round; they have alrady moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it. Thanks.

Quote:
5.1 German Armies under the control of the German Allied faction
German armies which start any round in Fronts 5-6 or 9-11, are
controlled for all purposes by the German Allied faction, and
operate during the German Allied rounds (only).

It does say that the units must start the round in that front, so you are correct in that you couldn't move them in the German turn then use them as a combined force or lead unit in the AH turn of the same round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.