Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » General

Subject: buying individual health potion tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland Belmont
United States
California
flag msg tools
does anyone happen to know where i might buy individual health potion tokens? i recently bought a used copy of descent and it's missing some health potions. i've looked on Auggies but they only sell fatigue potions. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
With a game of its age that is officially out of print, I'm not very optimistic that you will have much luck. I think your best bet might be to contact FFG and ask if they have any replacement potion tokens left in the warehouse. Failing all that, you might just have to make do with proxy chits. Sorry bud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Belmont
United States
California
flag msg tools
yeah i figured as much but i was hoping beyond hope lol i might just try my luck and try asking FFG. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have any luck you could always print some on card stock and make some decent replacements. Not quite as good as the real thing, but still usable and nice looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This list is a great place to ask for (and offer) missing bits and bobs: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/150255/2013-spare-parts-re...

To be fair though, you'll probably not need them. They're not very good, and experienced players usually prefer fatigue potions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beetelgeuse wrote:
does anyone happen to know where i might buy individual health potion tokens? i recently bought a used copy of descent and it's missing some health potions. i've looked on Auggies but they only sell fatigue potions. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

why don't you use little bottles, like the airlines?
then they could actually drink the to their health

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Belmont
United States
California
flag msg tools
hey everyone! thanks for all the suggestions. i've thought about printing a replacement on card stock but it would bother me having 8 solid cardboard potion tokens and 1 thinner card stock replacement lol i've been playing descent a while and do recognize fatigue potions are way better than healing potions but i'm the type of person that gets bothered by missing pieces no matter how small or insignificant lol i hate being like this at times but i can't help it. so the fact that i have a complete descent aside from 1 single freaking healing potion drives me crazy! haha and i'm not 100% sure what you mean by airlines...didn't quite get that part

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your only missing one, you probably will never miss it. I don't think we have ever had all of them in use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jastin wrote:
If your only missing one, you probably will never miss it. I don't think we have ever had all of them in use.

Your missing the point. This is the kind of person that would wake up at night because he misses a single bit in a 1000-bits game that probably sees the light of day once a year to begin with.

What really upsets me is that I can relate to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beetelgeuse wrote:
haha and i'm not 100% sure what you mean by airlines...didn't quite get that part

this sort of thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:
Jastin wrote:

Your missing the point. This is the kind of person that would wake up at night because he misses a single bit in a 1000-bits game that probably sees the light of day once a year to begin with.

What really upsets me is that I can relate to that.

I get that. I was just trying to hopefully make him feel a little better about the missing token. Just in case he couldn't find a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Belmont
United States
California
flag msg tools
lmao i appreciate trying to make me feel better about the missing healing potions. i do realize fatigue potions are way better and there tends to be healing potions left in the town shop but just the fact that my copy of descent is 99% complete and not 100% sorta irks me lol i do see the light of day more than once a year. i only recently got into board gaming a couple months ago after a friend introduced me to descent. i will say i have been seeing less and less daylight since starting descent though lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
beetelgeuse wrote:
lmao i appreciate trying to make me feel better about the missing healing potions... just the fact that my copy of descent is 99% complete and not 100% sorta irks me lol

Well then in trying to make you feel better, be glad its not 98% complete!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadsider wrote:
Well then in trying to make you feel better, be glad its not 98% complete!

The horror!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Belmont
United States
California
flag msg tools
lol yes i suppose 99% is better than 98% but thank the heavens i am now at 100%! the friend that gave me my copy of descent counted 10 healing potions rather than the 9 that comes with the game so somehow one of mine got mixed in with his stack. now i can finally sleep in peace. thanks everyone for all your replies and suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.