Subject: Two Play Immediately Secrets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we took a risk and invited a Town Elder to join our Hunting Party without revealing the secrets. There were 2 and both turned out to be Reveal Immediately - one was "On The Hunt" and the other a Madness card (not Evil) from the Coast expansion.

So how do you play - both, or take the 'first' one revealed in the order they were placed under the TE card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure it is 'officially correct', but we play it as you mentioned: Reveal the first play immediately as it was dealt, then the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't read the rules in a long time, but I'm thinking if you actually get to look at both at the same time, then the current player could decide which to do first. I could be totally wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
I haven't read the rules in a long time, but I'm thinking if you actually get to look at both at the same time, then the current player could decide which to do first. I could be totally wrong.

I agree with that. I don't know if it's specifically covered in the manual, but it's pretty much the standard FFP timing rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
There were 2 and both turned out to be Reveal Immediately - one was "On The Hunt" and the other a Madness card (not Evil) from the Coast expansion.

So how do you play - both, or take the 'first' one revealed in the order they were placed under the TE card?

We play that the secrets are revealed in a chronologic order so that if there are multiple evil secrets only the first one revealed applies. The rules state to discard all the other secrets when the town elder is found to be evil, revealing in order allows this. Strangely, I have not found where FFP has answered the question on multiple evil secrets, so we default to chronologic order.

With regard to non-evil secrets Jason Hill has stated that they are not mutually exclusive. They can exist together even though it may seem not. Here is the question and answer post on BGG:

Question: "While playing the other night, almost all of the town elders had more than 1 secret. When I investigated the doctor, he had 2 "Reveal Immediately" secret cards. I believe they were "On the Hunt " and "Hero of the People". I was a little confused about how I should handle this. "On the Hunt" puts the doctor on the board, roaming around. "Hero of the People" attaches him to my hero. Which secret should be used? Does one trump the other?"

Answer: "Actually, these two Secrets are NOT mutually exclusive. In this case, you would put the Town Elder's counter onto the board and he would assist any Hero in that space, but you would also take that Elder's card and place them by your Hero character sheet so that he would help you wherever you go." (Jason Hill 10/3/08 BGG)

The two that you use in your example are different than the ones Jason talks about - but the mechanic should be the same. I think with Madness the elder moves at every mystery phase? I'm not sure I recall exactly. And on the hunt moves at each change in shadow track phase. They can both exist.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.