Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came along one idea in our last match:
Would it change to much of the game, if one is allowed to get a lost Start-Necromonk back on ones hand?
We had a big difference in luck of draw in our last 2player game and I thought of how it could become some more even...at least a bit.

The starting Necromonk, if used and killed, is treated as a part of the Necromancer and allways comes back to his hand. The idea could be legit because there is no real deck for the Necromonks and they are drawn like a simple shade of the Necromancers cloak.

Through this little change, a player with absolutly no luck in his draws has a way to at least do anything if he could not find any other way to come of the Lair.(During the game I convinced my girlfriend that her draw was not that bad, she just was not able to see the possibilities, but anyhow I was in a big advantage through my lucky hand.)

So new rules for the Necromonk would be:
1)If killed while in play, it returns to his owners hand.
2)If sacrified by his own Necromancer, he breaks up with his master unalterable; gutted about this treatment he decides to jump in the next Pit and will never come back.

What do you think about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, your issue with the luck of the draw is trying to get cards with the excavation ability, correct? I have never run across this same issue, even in games where I lose my original Necromonk in battle or from an event card (keep in mind I have only played 3-4 player games).

One thing that's good to keep in mind is that the bribe deck generally has more lower-level character cards with the excavation ability, so I'll draw from this deck early in the game to maximize my digs and once I compile enough gore/shadowflame, I'll start drawing from the construct or summon deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the late answer, it is not only about the excavation ability, it is more about the general power of the otherwise small Nekromonk.
For sure there are some in the decks, but to have him handy for the Nekrogiant, or other combinations, like casting spells in one round while casted by the Nekromancer, or just to swap him for one ressource and get rid of your own Shadow.

After all it is not really a variant but a idea of a small change in gameplay...
And you are right there are a couple of small Minions in the bribe deck, but when you have no luck, you have no luck and might need some help from below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.