Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are four cards (from a quick scan) that have this prerequisite in bold at the top of the card, my question is that these cards do not affect the Fellowship if the region (with the settlement) is under shadow control i.e. it is still a Free People's settlement irrespective of control.
I see it that way because I note that the FAQ has a few specific clarifications adding the bolded condition 'controlled by the Free Peoples' to the rules in question, thus inferring that those rules without that phrase do not require control by the Free Peoples.

And while I'm here the 'Foul Thing from the Deep' card in this set states you must eliminate a companion (if there are any) to reduce damage (if any) - I'm assuming that you may use options 1 & 2 ('cards on the table' and 'guide sacrifice') on p41 to first reduce the damage so long as the final act, before taking any remaining damage as corruption, is the random companion sacrifice ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
There are four cards (from a quick scan) that have this prerequisite in bold at the top of the card, my question is that these cards do not affect the Fellowship if the region (with the settlement) is under shadow control i.e. it is still a Free People's settlement irrespective of control.
I see it that way because I note that the FAQ has a few specific clarifications adding the bolded condition 'controlled by the Free Peoples' to the rules in question, thus inferring that those rules without that phrase do not require control by the Free Peoples.

Control of the Settlement doesn't matter.

BeerAndBoard wrote:
And while I'm here the 'Foul Thing from the Deep' card in this set states you must eliminate a companion (if there are any) to reduce damage (if any) - I'm assuming that you may use options 1 & 2 ('cards on the table' and 'guide sacrifice') on p41 to first reduce the damage so long as the final act, before taking any remaining damage as corruption, is the random companion sacrifice ?

You may reduce the Hunt Damage using play on the table cards and Guide special abilities (not elimination) before taking a random casualty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - of course you can't eliminate the guide and then make a random companion sacrifice, obviously had my brain turned off while typing.

Thanks Kevin, appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.