Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a starter box from Fellowship of the Ring (FOTR) - meaning alot of gandalf and aragorn starters. If I buy a booster box from FOTR, will this be a fun/good game, or do I need more cards from expansions in this block also?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite time to play this game was during the first year. I think I had a deck for every culture in the game, and sometimes more than one. But to be honest, I think the first block is fleshed out better by adding in the expansions as well.

But yeah, definitely pick up a booster box of FotR and try it out. The game was awesome in the first year. Just agree ahead of time that you're not going to be a dick and abuse Elrond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's fun with just the first set. In fact, using just the first set (and perhaps the first few expansions) keeps the game more enjoyable by avoiding the power creep and the increasingly fiddly and complex rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Agent Smith is a bad guy in this also then

Thanks for your answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own from all 19 sets. I love to play with the first three sets the most. It is generally called Fellowship Block. You can get a box of Mines of Moria for cheap. It has some good cards. Enjoy, it is a fantastic game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.