Aurélien Defossez
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a problem with a crossroad card:

Strange music Crossroad (source)
+ Nothing but Static: You must choose a player and look at all of his Loyalty Cards. Then discard 1 trauma token.
- I Hear It: Shuffle 1 "You are not a Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck. Then choose 1 human player to draw 1 Loyalty Card. Each Cylon player draws a trauma token.

What happens with the second choice? I don't understand what the loyalty deck is when the players are at distance 8+. All cards sure have been dealt in the dormant phase, at 4+, so this deck should empty whatever happens at this stage.
So how, when the players arrive at the final jump, can we add a loyalty card in the loyalty deck and draw a card from it?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess if you aren't playing with conflicted loyalties this does nothing to that human player other then add a "You are not a cylon" card to their collection.

Cylons still get hosed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Didjor wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with a crossroad card:

Strange music Crossroad (source)
+ Nothing but Static: You must choose a player and look at all of his Loyalty Cards. Then discard 1 trauma token.
- I Hear It: Shuffle 1 "You are not a Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck. Then choose 1 human player to draw 1 Loyalty Card. Each Cylon player draws a trauma token.

What happens with the second choice? I don't understand what the loyalty deck is when the players are at distance 8+. All cards sure have been dealt in the dormant phase, at 4+, so this deck should empty whatever happens at this stage.
So how, when the players arrive at the final jump, can we add a loyalty card in the loyalty deck and draw a card from it?

Thanks


This card assumes you are playing with the "Conflicted Loyalties" rules, which adds an extra Loyalty card to the deck at the beginning of the game (amongst other things).

Edit: ninjad
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The loyalty deck is created in a different way with Exodus - essentially it has one additional "You Are Not A Cylon" card in it.

This means that even after the Sleeper cards have been handed out, there will be one card left. There is a small chance that this will be one of the Cylon (or Sympathiser) cards selected for the game.

This adds the game two things - a degree of uncertainty as to how many hidden Cylons there are; and an additional risk at certain points in the game like this (and at executions) where a "You Are Not A Cylon" card is mixed with the one remaining card, and one selected.

Of course, if all the Cylons are revealed, then you know there is no risk.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
This card assumes you are playing with the "Conflicted Loyalties" rules, which adds an extra Loyalty card to the deck at the beginning of the game (amongst other things).


Not just "Conflicted Loyalties". The extra Loyalty card is stipulated on page 6 of the rule book, as part of the general Exodus setup. So it applies to any Exodus game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurélien Defossez
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I never played with Conflicted Loyalties, but I sure have missed the rule about the loyalty deck for the Exodus expansion.
It's interesting, because an executed player can become a cylon and is not a human for sure... Thanks for this info, I look forward to the next game to try that!

Thanks to you all!
Aurélien
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris__M wrote:
The loyalty deck is created in a different way with Exodus - essentially it has one additional "You Are Not A Cylon" card in it.

This means that even after the Sleeper cards have been handed out, there will be one card left. There is a small chance that this will be one of the Cylon (or Sympathiser) cards selected for the game.

This adds the game two things - a degree of uncertainty as to how many hidden Cylons there are; and an additional risk at certain points in the game like this (and at executions) where a "You Are Not A Cylon" card is mixed with the one remaining card, and one selected.

Of course, if all the Cylons are revealed, then you know there is no risk.
Not quite... even if all the cylon cards are out, it can still be a PG or FF card which can still affect the rest of the game (though not usually).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sansone
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Didjor wrote:
I never played with Conflicted Loyalties, but I sure have missed the rule about the loyalty deck for the Exodus expansion.
It's interesting, because an executed player can become a cylon and is not a human for sure... Thanks for this info, I look forward to the next game to try that!

Thanks to you all!
Aurélien


Something I like about this expansion is that, by virtue of always having 1 loyalty card left in the loyalty deck, Exodus makes it possible for there to be 1 less Cylon than "expected."

This game mechanic means the humans can never be 100% sure whether all the Cylons are "out" yet, or if there's just one fewer than expected. As for the Cylon(s) in the game, they can't be sure whether they have a teammate, or will ever get one (or another one, depending on number of players). The situation sets up more opportunities for deception and intrigue -- core BSG aspects.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
guestid1250 wrote:
Something I like about this expansion is that, by virtue of always having 1 loyalty card left in the loyalty deck, Exodus makes it possible for there to be 1 less Cylon than "expected."

My recent purchase of Exodus was prompted by a Pegasus game we played where I messed up the Loyalty cards, and only put in one Cylon. It was probably one of the most dramatic games we have played, while we searched for a second Cylon who didn't exist.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.