Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
V Dickson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given how much fun this game gets to be with more players, I wonder if the game will go to 5 players at some point?

I was surprised that this expansion still says 2-4 players. Now that there are enough distinct factions for more players, what's holding it back?

(Maybe some people have two copies of the base game and have tried 5 players already--any luck?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the forums for the base game. There are some people who tried up to 8 players, using 2 sets of the game. Generally, I believe the consensus was that there was too much down time and it became unmanagable to keep track of that many players' cards on the bases.

The other thing to note (and I don't know if it's covered in any of the forums) is that any given base only has 3 places to score. If you get too many players, there's a much better chance at scoring nothing. I'm guessing that this would make some factions (Dinos, Robots, Ninjas, Pirates) unbalanced since they tend to have higher powered minions, more minions, or can change minion placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also an issue with table space. As it is, it works nice for 4p with each person's cards on one side of the base card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anything prevents 5-6 with the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to try it with 5 when I get the expansion. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, you can easily expand the game yourself, following the same rule for the number of bases, but as the people above have mentioned...your mileage will vary. 5-7 experienced players who play fast? Could be alright, and downright hairy. Two of them playing Trickster-Wizards? Get comfortable...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.