Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This was our first time playing Descent. We had 4 players: me as the malformed Overlord, L as Spiritspeaker Mok, M as One Fist and Mordrag for part of the game, C was Grey and D eventually came and took over Mordrag from M. Most of us were pretty happy no one had drawn any of the females as their riduclously skimpy outfits are an insult to anyone who has eyeballs.

It started off pretty standard from what I've read, the heroes had no problem taking out the two razorwings and the two skeletons in the starting room. One of the razorwings bit Mok but that was about it. As soon as the initial monsters were mooshed, Mordrag made the mistake of standing next to Mok. He was Charmed (darkly sauron ) and skewered Mok for 3 points of damage.

The party headed West, through an exploding door (doing 3 pts of damage to Mordrag, Mok and One Fist) and woke up the first of the Giant brothers. The two sorcerers and the Giant ducked to the sides of the room in hopes the party would be forced to come down the hall. However, One Fist was a Crack Shot so he only had to come half way up the hall to start pelting the Giant with arrows. The party never checked the monster cards tho so was unaware of the Sweep and Reach the Giant had so the Giant rushed forward, hitting and stunning three of the party with one attack. Grey slipped by the Giant in order to pilfer the room, ending up being peppered with shots from the Sorcerers (ineffectually as I forgot their Sorcery ability).

While One Fist and Mordrag attempted to kill the Giant, Mok was pounced by a swarm of Bane Spiders from the rear, eventually falling to a Master Spider and losing the heros 2 tokens. One Fist was then killed by the Giant, losing more tokens, right before Grey managed to loot the treasure chest in the Giant's room getting 3 tokens back. The party got their Silver treasures, but each member got a weapon more suited to someone else with the exception of One Fist who managed to get the Snake Sword, a perfect weapon for him. Grey activated the Glyph in the room and Mok and One Fist came back through.

Meanwhile, Mordrag was pinned between the Giant, another Bane Spider swarm as well as a group of Beastmen and Two Sorcerers. The Master Spider was biting from the rear, The Giant swinging from the front and the Sorcerers zapping from behind and THIS time they remembered their Sorcery. Yet even with ALL THAT they couldn't fell the little Tank. They got close, but the Giant turned around to re-squoosh a foolish Mok who ran up to zap him, killing him again and losing more tokens.

The Giant finally was beaten, only to claim that he'd be back in two turns which caused much moaning. The players planned to all get in the glyph and get some more potions (which all had pretty much neglected during intial equipment purchasing) and share their silver treasures around. Sadly, as Mordrag ran for the Glyph, he was crushed under a falling block trap, losing his last 3 wounds and losing the game for the Heroes. YAY EVIL OMG!

Overall, I had a blast playing the game. C liked it as well, but D, L and M all agreed that with the set up and play time required they would rather just play D&D. They did see the advantages the game had over a session of D&D but still, their preference lay with pencil and paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Applauds

Nice win for the Overlord.

Just a note on the "scantly clad females" - I think this quote comes from Terry Pratchett: Fantasy always rewards the scantly clad female adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
the heroes had no problem taking out the two razorwings and the two skeletons in the starting room.

Actually, those are Beastmen in the first room. There are no Razorwings in the first quest except in the middle room before Narthak's chamber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jackwraith wrote:

Actually, those are Beastmen in the first room. There are no Razorwings in the first quest except in the middle room before Narthak's chamber.

D'OH!

Well, it didn't matter because they killed them easily. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackwraith wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
the heroes had no problem taking out the two razorwings and the two skeletons in the starting room.

Didn't the heroes kill Narthak in the first quest? The title says this is the second quest? I'm confused. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kingbobb wrote:
Jackwraith wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

Didn't the heroes kill Narthak in the first quest? The title says this is the second quest? I'm confused. arrrh

Yeah, we skipped the first quest and went right to the second because the players assumed they just were that bad-ass.

And they died! DIED! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! My minions done scooped out their brain meats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Most of us were pretty happy no one had drawn any of the females as their riduclously skimpy outfits are an insult to anyone who has eyeballs.

Agreed, although only Red Scorpion is truly ridiculous. The other female characters all seem to have actually grasped the importance of chest armor, amazingly enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rmunn wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:
Most of us were pretty happy no one had drawn any of the females as their riduclously skimpy outfits are an insult to anyone who has eyeballs.

Agreed, although only Red Scorpion is truly ridiculous. The other female characters all seem to have actually grasped the importance of chest armor, amazingly enough.

Unfortunately not mid-riff armor where most of the squooshier organs live. And what's her name, the red magic using woman. My god, you can't tell me that sudden and violent camel toe wouldn't screw up more then a few of her spells.

It's not that I'm opposed to seeing cheesecake in my games, it's just that it's so ridiculous and never done to the guys. Give me equal opportunity cheesecake and I'll be fine. But is there any? NO. Well, Richard Upton Pickman in Arkham Horror is pretty hot but that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Magic Pink wrote: ...it's just that it's so ridiculous and never done to the guys.

surprise What in the world are you talking about? EVERY Single male in fantasy is buffed up like Arnold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chairman7w wrote:
Quote:
Magic Pink wrote: ...it's just that it's so ridiculous and never done to the guys.

surprise What in the world are you talking about? EVERY Single male in fantasy is buffed up like Arnold!

Incorrect. I've seen many a scrawny, old wizard, and sneaky, small thieves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Chairman7w wrote:
Quote:

Incorrect. I've seen many a scrawny, old wizard, and sneaky, small thieves...

They may be fit but they're rarely portrayed as...SEXILY as the women are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.