David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching Hulu, a saw an ad that showed a guy with a bucket on his head, knocking stuff over. Then it said "fish need to hear to live. If they can't hear, they die. Don't be a bucket head!"

Sorry I don't know how to provide a link to that ad. But how am I to avoid this fate? Perhaps I should keep my stereo OUT of the water. Or don't dynamite the pond? Maybe it's sonar. I should avoid using sonar because sonar is used by bucket heads. Military sonar on submarines has killed a lot of blue whales. They don't just go deaf, they die from the sonar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twixter wrote:
Military sonar on submarines has killed a lot of blue whales.

Do you have any idea how terrible an idea using active sonar on a submarine is?

Anything out there will detect you at twice the range you can detect them. It totally blows any stealth ability you have and stealth, of course, is the only thing that makes submarines a useful weapons system.

Yes, the military tests active sonar, and submarines are equipped with it. However, the idea that the tree huggers have that all submarines go tearing around the oceans at high speed blasting their active sonar all the time...good grief. No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.