United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb

And now you've seen a modern spiritual by Gail and Dale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [YT] *Snicker* For those that haven't seen the Lawrence Welk One Toke Over the Line video
I'm still looking for the footage of the Lawrence Welk sings Turning Japanese..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrdYLMRJGo
Rick Moranis does an "Easy Listening" cover of Turning Japanese
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
Well the lyrics say "Sweet Jesus" so it must be religious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't...

what...

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I first saw this a while back, mentioned in an article on the AV Club web site. You know how this had to happen. Lawrence must have had a staff meeting to brainstorm which songs go in upcoming shows:

Lenny the intern (eating some chips from a bag and looking low on sleep with bloodshot eyes): "Hey Mr. Welk, how about (snicker) 'One Toke Over The Line.' Huh huh huh!"

Lawrence Welk: "Well gee Lenny, I don't know that song. What type of song is it? Will our fans enjoy it?"

Lenny: "Uhhhh...sure will, Mr. Welk. It's, um, a modern spiritual. Huh huh huh. Goes like this..."

Then once LW decided to put it in the show, nobody could bear to tell him what the song was really about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I didn't know there was a breathalyzer module for THC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
I first saw this a while back, mentioned in an article on the AV Club web site. You know how this had to happen. Lawrence must have had a staff meeting to brainstorm which songs go in upcoming shows:

Lenny the intern (eating some chips from a bag and looking low on sleep with bloodshot eyes): "Hey Mr. Welk, how about (snicker) 'One Toke Over The Line.' Huh huh huh!"

Lawrence Welk: "Well gee Lenny, I don't know that song. What type of song is it? Will our fans enjoy it?"

Lenny: "Uhhhh...sure will, Mr. Welk. It's, um, a modern spiritual. Huh huh huh. Goes like this..."

Then once LW decided to put it in the show, nobody could bear to tell him what the song was really about.
Yes, those were good daze.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Can you imagine parents picking up their kids from grandma's house and hearing, "Mom, what's a toke?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
cooler king wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrdYLMRJGo
Rick Moranis does an "Easy Listening" cover of Turning Japanese

Good lord, that one's a hoot. Gotta show this to the wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.