United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the last paragraph of the section "I. Supplies" where it deals with how to handle a shortage of money/legions the English rules state, "In case there is not enough money or there are not enough legions left in the game, the Character can decide which Supply to receive and which not."

This is a very unclear sentence, so in refering to the German rules I noticed the word "wo" used a couple of times which would indicate that the source rules are referring to "where" you choose to place units. I have limited experience with German but what I read seems to say something more along the lines of (paraphrasing), "If there is not enough money or legions available during the game to Supply regions, the Character (player) can decide where on the board regions are supplied limited by the available stock."

This is important because this rule also has the effect of stating "Hey. If there's not enough stuff, you don't get any more." The way it's currently translated, it could be misread to mean "Hey. If there aren't enough legions, take gold instead." ie. "decide which Supply to receive and which not."

Am I even correct on my interpretation of the rules?

(To the designer)

Is this something that can be fixed/clarified in the official English translation?

Thanks, by the way, for an outstanding game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If supply can't be given to all of your provinces, you decide where you call for it.
So if there's just 3 legions left, but you have 3 brown provinces, you can deal them 2-1-0 or 1-1-1.

Cheers

Hanno
Lookout Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what we figured. Thanks for the confirmation reply!

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to me, the sentence should be translated:

"In case there are not enough gold pieces or legions available to complete the character's supply phase, the player may choose freely where he will receive supplies and where he will forego them."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.