Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin B
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Maybe this is a dumb question, but I just bought the German edition and it plays up to 5 players. Does the Rio Grande edition play up to 7 or is there some kind of variant to play with more players, or is an expansion necessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an expansion set issued in Germany that allowed play up to 7 players, and indicated which cards should be used for each number of players. You can find the expansion here, as it has it's own database entry.

The Rio Grande version has included this expansion as part of the base game, as it wasn't published until after the german expansion was released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
To expand on Adam's answer, the German set Bohnanza: Erweiterung (2001) includes extra bean types to expand the game to seven players, in addition to field cards that add another element to the game. The Rio Grande Bohnanza has extra bean types (although exactly the same as the German, replacing Wax for Wine in slot 22), but lacks these field cards.

However, the field cards are included in High Bohn Plus, also from Rio Grande. There is a separate High Bohn expansion from Amigo.

In sum, Rio Grande's Bohnanza + High Bohn Plus = Amigo's Bohnanza + Erweiterung + High Bohn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin B
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank-you. I wasn't sure how the different editions compared, and I deliberately bought this game to play with more than five. I guess I will need to get the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.