Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe it or not, I'm color blind, but I'm a pretty good painter. Basically, with red/green color blindness its really hard with shades of green / brown / mud / red / maroon / etc. Of course, many of these colors show up in the uniforms and gear of the World War 2, or Weird War 2 soldier.

The way I get around this is to get color guides from my friends or other enthusiasts that give me the basis of what to paint ... then I can use the colors by name (I know if I mix more red into a brown it gets darker, who cares if I can't really tell you the actual color value).

So, it would be VERY helpful if someone could suggest a color scheme using color names for the main areas of the Axis, Allied, and SSU troops. I use Games Workshop but names from any paint range would do. For example, just knowing what colors to use for coats, pants, helmets, gloves, straps, and armor would be a great start. I can figure out the weapons and such myself.

Thanks to anyone who can provide this ... it would be worth posting in the Files section if you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.