Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shin Yoo
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I will cut down to the main issue.

After a recommendation from a friend, I decided to try out this new(to me) online retailer in Germany(www.delayedreactions.de). I put down my order around 5th of December, and received an automated reply. Then after about 4 days, they sent me an "order confirmation" email. Then nothing else until today. Meanwhile I submitted two questions, using their customer feedback page, regarding the shipping date and they haven't answered both.

Well, the site seems to be legitimate one, and they indeed have good prices too. And assuming everyone's buying boardgames as Christmas gifts in Germany, I guess they're having a very busy time. But I still feel uncomfortable with both of my questions shut down.

I know, I know. I probably should have noticed their exceptional name - I had this coming. But is there anyone who has any experience with this retailer? What should I do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delayed Reaction also has an ebay shop, but they never answered my questions. That's why I never ordered anything.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Lang
Andorra
La Massana
flag msg tools
I prefer games with high level of interaction.
badge
Keep on rocking in the free world!
mbmbmbmbmb
My only advice: be agressive.
I don't want to go to the details, but delayedreactions.de is the -only- german online retailer I've ever had problems with. They clearly don't do a good job, so you should do anything you can to get your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't ordered from DR but i thought about it and saw a thread about it recently (http://www.spielbox.de/phorum4/read.php4?f=1&i=126470&t=1264... in german of course).
Most costumers liked Delayed Reactions but among them were also some negative comments: especially that they seldom respond to mails (but they do call people here in germany a lot if something is wrong) and their extra long delivery times. Someone pointed out that their shop moved but there were some guys waiting for their order for almost 2 months now - in germany!
To cut it down: about 80% liked their service the rest was complaining about their email costumer service and their delivery times.
I hope that helps you somehow and that you get your games soon.
Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used them once, and I have the same experience as you are having right now. Placed the order, got a confirmation, an then waited for about a month. And I live in Denmark, right next door to Germany!

As far as I know (about those who have used delayedreactions) they are realiable, but VERY VERY SLOW. they are not called delayedreactions for noting!

I wrote a few times, and never got any reply! Costumer-service is not a big thing in Germany I guess?!?

(view this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/560419#560419)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocab wrote:
I wrote a few times, and never got any reply! Costumer-service is not a big thing in Germany I guess?!?

It seems like they focus the costumer support on the old way by calling people by phone. Generally you can't say that the service is bad in germany - it depends where you place your orders (and perhaps if they are used to shipping international or not). I seldom had problems with onlineshops and i have encountered really some good costumer suppert (but i have to admit that it's mostly with the smaller shops and not the big ones).
Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The clue is in the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejamer wrote:
I placed an order with DelayedReactions for the German version of Tales of the Arabian Nights on October 22, and have yet to see a package arrive.

So far, I have no reason to doubt delayedreactions.de, but your concern doesn't do anything to reassure me...

Ed, it may be due to how they shipped. If it's just a single game, they will ship surface (6-9 weeks). But I would email them.

I have ordered from Delayed Reactions twice now.

They are cheap-ish and have a wide variety of games (though not everything on their clunky website is in stock)

The first order (Tales of the Arabian Nights, Lost Valley, San Marco and Pirahna Pedro) arrived in 2-2.5 weeks. Packaging wasn't that great and some boxes were slightly crushed.

The second more recent order contains EUR500+ worth of games. They forgot to tell me that one of the games was out of stock until they shipped (Doh!)

They said they shipped games on 8 Dec. A week later, they emailed me telling me that the packaged was returned to them totally ripped.

They repackaged it and sent it out again. However, my copy of Elasund in that box was damaged and they will be sending a replacement (along with a freebie they were tossing in) seperately.

From my correspondence with Christoph (info@delayedreactions.de), he is friendly, his english is able but he replies every 1 out of 3 emails or so.

They have been good for me so far...

Will update again when I receive my large parcel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Tharme
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've ordered from them twice. My experience is that they are pretty slow, and need to be reminded to sort things out. For example, the first time I ordered, a few items were out of stock, and as I'd already paid by paypal, I was owed a refund. The second time, one of the game boxes got damaged because there was a mail mixup and the package went back and forth between Germany and Sweden a few times, so they offered a partial refund on the game. On both occasions I had to contact them a couple of times to remind them. This second time they replied to my emails, perhaps because I was a repeat customer but the first time I had to call them. In general they seem ok at contacting you if there is a problem, so it may just be general slowness in your case. My advice would be to wait til the Christmas rush dies down and then, if you don't mind calling internationally, give them a call, Christoph speaks pretty good English.
In general, I would probably only order again if they were the only source for a game, which, given their decent selection, is unfortuantely quite likely. Our games have always turned up in the end, but it felt like rather hard work to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shin Yoo
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the input. Well I was kinda hoping that the games would show up before Christmas, but I guess they won't. I will try to call them.

And I'm saying this as a person who uses e-mail, not as a customer : doesn't it just freak you out when there are 172 unread emails in your inbox??? I just don't get their "delayed reactions".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if I might be a bit late here are my two cents:

I ordered once and had no problem at all. One game was not in stock and they told me, that they would sent it later which they did (they answered by post when they sent me the first game).

One thing I noticed: They list some games in their store as if it were available. There is / was no hint (I didn't visit their side lately) that the game is not in stock. Neither did they put a note on games that were on P500 list from the manufacturer.

The odd thing is: You click for the game, put it in your shopping basket, pay for it in advance (maybe) and than have to wait. I am sure they will deliver the game to you - after it reached their store.

You didn't tell us what you ordered - maybe check the manufacturers game side if the game is available at all or if it is announced at: in 2006

Greetings

Alphawolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tinykitty wrote:
I've ordered from them twice. My experience is that they are pretty slow, and need to be reminded to sort things out. For example, the first time I ordered, a few items were out of stock, and as I'd already paid by paypal, I was owed a refund.

If I may offer a suggestion when ordering from them.

DO NOT use the online cart. Just email Christoph direct with your list of games and tell them to make up an invoice for IN STOCK games.

He will then send you an itemised invoice. Once you receive that, use paypal to pay.

At the end of the day, if you want 'good' service and emails and good 'reputation', Adam Spielt seems to be the standard to beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shin Yoo
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
At the end of the day, if you want 'good' service and emails and good 'reputation', Adam Spielt seems to be the standard to beat.

Yes, I guess I learned it hard way.

My order actually included several other games for my friends(we wanted to save shipping cost) and just one for me Most of them are Essen 2005 crops, or at least very recently published, so I don't think there's availibility issue. Only exceptions are Minotaurs Lords and Scarab Lords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Tharme
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
flag msg tools
mbmb
shawn_low wrote:

DO NOT use the online cart. Just email Christoph direct with your list of games and tell them to make up an invoice for IN STOCK games.

He will then send you an itemised invoice. Once you receive that, use paypal to pay.

Thanks for the tip Shawn, I hadn't thought of doing that but I'll try it if I make any other orders with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with delayedreactions is that IF they have the items in store they send very fast. However unless you see that the items just arrived on the front page the chance is fairly high that they are not in stock and actually might never come back in stock. Also the expected release dates are often way off (I'v seen stuff listed as expected release date half a year before the actual release).

I'd e-mail (or better call if possible) them about the order. If they don't react at first try again. Seems their mailserver is unreliable (or they lie about it?) at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejamer wrote:
Thanks for the tips and comments Shawn.

Under the expectation that they will use surface shipping, I won't bother emailing until next week. There is no rush to get the game -- with my wedding scheduled for Dec 31st,

Firstly, congratulations on your impending wedding! Wish you and your wife to be many blessings ahead!

Secondly, I just had an email from Christoph, who is swamped with Christmas orders:
So, expect some delays during this time of year...I would know: we've been sending out books to distributors, bookstores, etc. Crazy.

Quote:
Hello,

yes the Games shipped now. Sorry for the late answer it´s such a huge
load of work here we all have to pack day and night and that consumes
time from working at the computer.
I wish you lots of fun with those games and hope you are not too mad at
us now.
I have looked through BGG, some people are right as they "catched" us in
a somewhat chaotic phase during and after our movement out of the old
office into the new one. I will post and apologize tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Patricolo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with delayed reactions is always been more than good.
Christoph always answered my question and promptly sent the games. But, as someone noted, I always wrote directly to him.

My 2 eurocents

Bye,
Fabio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shin Yoo
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I will wrap up my experience. With a little help from my friend(in Germany), I was confirmed that the games are on their way. My friend kindly called them to find out what happened. Then, in turn, Christopher from DelayedReactions made an international call to me, explained the situation(Kreta being on backorder, etc), and apologized. He expects the package to be here in a few more days from now since he used faster shipping method than usual.

Which was nice of him, I think. But if they replied the emails in timely manner, we could have saved a lot of work on each part. Well, let's leave it at that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I usually order from them and never had any negative experience. They are my no.1 supplier of boardgames and I always receive feedback.
I believe, when you order from abroad, you have to verify if the stuff is on stock, or give them a quick call. It isn't that expensive to call internationally nowadays.

alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I also order from them a lot mostly because they can get you almost everything and they have for sure the best prices here in Germany. The name DELAYED REACTIONS is exactly how they work... SLOW Besides the waiting time I am happy with their service. If you wish a faster service but with less variety and a little more expensive try http://www.adam-spielt.de/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used them twice and let's just say they are called delayed reactions for good reasons. Actually when I think about it they should be called NO reactions.

On both occasions I had to call repeatedly to find out why the order was taking so long. The emails I sent before calling got no reation at all.

On the other hand if you do not mind waiting 1 to 2 months for your order and want to get the best prices around they are the ones to choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you want to buy stuff there, just give them a call and you WILL be certain if it is on stock or not. It's not a big deal to give them a call nowadays with the low cost calls involved.

I still love them for their service and very competitive prices.

alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
im from australia and i now live in germany. i thought business's were lazy in australia but after the lack of customer service everywhere here in germany the australian companies look nearly perfect, except amazon.de they are so friendly and helpful and efficient. i still havent seen a shop where i can use a credit card soblue where in australia everywhere has the option. the one thing i can say is great about germany is the post service so quick and efficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.