Subject: Play order question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Had an issue come up last game, was clueless how to resolve. Since it's specific to exceptional situations, neither old or new rulebook would adress it.

If play order is needed when NO players have order cards, it goes to usual influence tiebreak between them as per sidebar.

What happens, when due to Tactics cards or such shenanigans, only SOME players have no order cards, but others do have some? Ie, I have no order and you do, how do we establish play order between ourselves?

The situation came up regarding play order for the quest phase after 2 players' spring order cards got returned to hand.

In retrospect, it's in the realm of possibility that that was an illegal card play in the first place, ie the order-to-hand returner could not have been played until quest phase was done, but I don't have game on me to check. So assume that some improbable effect (dog eats card) causes the situation to happen. What do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think indeed the card was played incorrectly; Favor of the Spies Guild is "Played before choosing an Order Card". I think this is implied that you do so immediately beforehand, IE after resolving the Season Card's stuff.

While I think your question is a good one, I don't think that it's ever possible for some players to have no order cards but not others in a situation where ties would need to be broken.

If it were to ever happen legally, though, my inclination would be that those with Order Cards would "beat" anyone without an Order Card, and then any without Order Cards would go onto the next tiebreaker. I don't think there's anything in the rules to support that directly, but again, I don't think based on anything currently in the game that it's even possible to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:
I think indeed the card was played incorrectly; Favor of the Spies Guild is "Played before choosing an Order Card". I think this is implied that you do so immediately beforehand, IE after resolving the Season Card's stuff.
Ah yeah, should have waited until choose summer order card phase to play it then.

Figures that a "dude, we broke the game" scenario involves user error, but didn't think to double check the card itself at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.