Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love this game! Probably answering myself here and apologies in advance if this has been covered already. I did search for it. I feel much better about the rules the more I play.

Is this example correct?:

So lets say my unmodified hand limit is 5 cards. I play some cards for movement and engage an enemy. It is early on in the game, it goes really bad and I end up taking 7 wounds in that one combat so I am now knocked out.

My next turn comes and the only thing I can do since I am exhausted is a slow recovery. Slow recovery essentially states that I can do nothing more on my turn other than discard one wound card from my hand full of wounds. Since I had 7 wounds I would have to slowly recover over the next 3 turns to get down to 4 wound cards at which point I could draw one card back up to my hand limit. The following turn I could do a standard rest if I wish. That is a lot of wasted turns!

How does it work if I have a modified hand limit? Say for example, I am next to a keep that I control. I only control one so it would give me a modified hand limit of 6 cards. Would I be able to end my slow recovery sooner? My instinct says yes. I ask because modified hand limits are not figured in when determining if you get KOed or not.

On my slow recovery turns if I had any unit abilities or token abilities for healing I could've played those and also get the effects of magical glades/mines if I happened to be on one?

Additional question:
This one seems obvious but I will ask anyway. Lets say the dummy player announces end of round(out of cards). I have an unmodified hand limit of 5 with 1 non-wound card and 4 wound cards in my hand. Can I still take my turn as a standard rest just to get that crystal before end of round? I am going to say yes on this one unless I hear different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Lee
United States
FLORHAM PARK
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, and the skill motivation also helps a lot at this point; however, it is much more important that you do not EVER get knocked out
2. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! Yeah getting knocked out really sets you back in this game. Glad my thinking on these rules were correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
immune40 wrote:
it is much more important that you do not EVER get knocked out :D

I've found occasional advanced situations where it's beneficial to get knocked out. Or at least, it makes for a more profitable turn than doing something else. E.g. your units and skills are powerful and available, and you spend most/all your hand cards moving to the space/Crystallizing/etc. I suppose this applies more to the paralysis ability than to knock out, but it's similar. With knock out you'd just need to have a good heal-based setup.

vectordream wrote:
Additional question:
This one seems obvious but I will ask anyway. Lets say the dummy player announces end of round(out of cards). I have an unmodified hand limit of 5 with 1 non-wound card and 4 wound cards in my hand. Can I still take my turn as a standard rest just to get that crystal before end of round? I am going to say yes on this one unless I hear different.

You don't mention but i'm assuming you're getting a crystal because you're on a crystal mine. If so, yeah that works. You could also just do a normal null turn (discard one card) to get the crystal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related to that crystal business, if I announce the end of round while I'm standing on the crystal mine, do I get the crystal or not (or can I throw away a wound if I'm on a glade)? I know I can't do anything with my cards, skills or units that turn, but do I also skip the end-of-turn sequence of things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You skip everything. It's in rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I meant to write that if I was standing on a mine. Surprised I missed including that lol laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.