Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I arrived a wee bit late, but not too late to get a car into an eight car Carabande festival. Mark Johnson just got his set, and this was a great opportunity for everyone to gather round the table together, chat, and flick disks. Mark set the track up in a figure eight, with a jump over the track, and Mike suggested we play by the "Super Mario Brother" rules in which a player who tries jumping the track, but lands on the cross under, has to continue manually around the loop to get back to the jump. Amazingly, many people fell into the trap, too timid to flick hard, instead landing back on the loop, and being forced to redo about a third of a lap. Mike was consistantly in the lead; I managed a big leap and spin around the curve that pulled me from about sixth to second. Still, with Mike so far ahead, I had to pray for him to miss his last leap and land back on the track. Amazingly, he fell into the trap, but a series of fly aways for me moved me back from second to about fourth by the time Mike had successfully leaped to victory.

Nice "get together" game that enabled everyone attending to play and schmooze together at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.