Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Heroscape. The board is great but the battles are just so simplistic to keep my attention.

Mage Knight Dungeons is a very flexible gameing system. I think the merging of these two games is a perfect fit.

The two aspects of the Dungeon's figures that would really make it work well with the Heroscape board are:

-Movement. Unlike other click based games, dungeons has a very simple, easy and quick way to move you figures around. If your figure has 10 speed points, you would be able to move 6 spaces and attack (attacking costs 4 speed points)

-You can actually level up your characters. (These are the only click figures that can level up). This aspect would lend the game to scenario and campaign type games.

I really can't think of a game that is better suited to merging with the Heroscape board.

I'll report back after we have played a few games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Heroscape board + Mageknight Dungeon's figures = CRAZY
How'd these games turn out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Owar
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess not very well. shake

Seriously, I have lots of Heroscape hexes and thought about building a MKD map using them, though the problem is there's no way to delineate a tile and no diagonal movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Williams
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobagabe wrote:

I really can't think of a game that is better suited to merging with the Heroscape board.

The Lord of the Rings hex miniatures work very well with the Heroscape board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
philowar wrote:
Seriously, I have lots of Heroscape hexes and thought about building a MKD map using them, though the problem is there's no way to delineate a tile and no diagonal movement.
Cutting out diagonal movement isn't a huge loss since you're gaining two extra directions that you can go from each hex - and standard movement should be a slam dunk.

Ranged attacks could simply be restricted to straight lines from the shooter's hex or in "rings" that radiate outward from the shooter to cover those spaces that are clearly within range but aren't in the direct line of hexes.

To delineate different tiles, you could use sections of different-colored hexes, or you could simply do without "tiles" entirely and just treat anything within X-number of hexes (5 or 6?) as being within the same "tile".

Front and rear arcs could be tricky to figure out (but maybe not once you get them onto the actual board). Large-arc sweepers (180°+) could get nasty with few extra targets for each swing too.

Dang it, now you've got me serious starting to consider getting a bunch of HeroScape sets just to use them with my Dungeons stuff...
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.