Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Does this ALWAYS work, even if no light side units are committed to the force?

What about if it's exhausted?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 24:

The objective card “Jedi Training” is an example of a card that provides a constant effect. As long as this objective card is in play, it gives one additional Force icon to the LS player during each Force struggle.

Also, page 27 (emphasis mine):

A card that is exhausted (i.e. has one or more focus tokens on it) cannot be focused to pay for card effects, cannot focus to strike, and cannot generate resources. However, other card abilities of an exhausted card may still be triggered, and its constant effects (if any) are still active, as long as such abilities do not require the card to focus, to be ready, or are not otherwise prohibited by the card text.

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
always. and it a surprising pain in the butt card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
always. and it a surprising pain in the butt card.

Yeah, hence my question angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Johnson
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if the Jedi player has no units out - is it still counted as contributing an icon?

Meaning - does the Jedi player need to have a ready unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it still counts. It adds 1 to your Force total regardless of what your unit situation is.

(As in, nowhere in the rules does it say that you must have a Ready unit to win the Force struggle. I find that if you play the game literally as written, and without interpretation of what it might be, that usually answers 99% of things correctly.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Johnson
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the prompt reply Patrick. You have made my rebel scum son very happy..... Now.....to devise a plan to defeat him and these 2 dastardly cards. FOR THE EMPIRE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.