Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schock
United States
White Hall
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a group of players that will be running through the adventures together. I have a nice set of cards to work with, having 2 core sets, KD, Hobbit and a handful of adventure packs.

My question is what order should I play the adventures in? So far, I know that I will do the following order:

Core Set
Shadows of Mirkwood Cycle
Khazad-dûm
Dwarrowdelf Cycle
Heirs of Númenor
Against the Shadow Cycle

Where should I fit The Hobbit, The Massing at Osgiliath, and The Battle of Lake-town?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, for our group, we like to play the quests in 'canon' order, as best as we can make out.

So for us, it's:

Hobbit box quests
Battle of Lake-town bonus quest
Core Set box quests
Massing at Osigiliath bonus quest
Shadows of Mirkwood cycle
Khazad-dum box quests
Dwarrowdelf cycle
Heirs of Numenor box quests
Against the Shadow cycle

This seems the most natural and "right" way to do it as far as canon timeline is concerned to us. I think Osigiliath is the only one that we really question.

However, if it's your friends' first time playing the game I would start with the Core set ones and go in release order instead of starting with the Hobbit ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
If you want to play them by released date I would suggest
Core Set -> Mirkwood -> Osgiliath -> Khazad-Dum -> Dwarrowdelf -> Hobbit -> Laketown -> Numenor.

Osgiliath was released inbetween the Mirkwood Cycle (between Hunt for Gollum and Conflict at Carrock I think), but it seems more natural for me to play through a cycle.

Alternatively playing Osgiliath before Mirkwood would be an option as well.

Mattr0polis wrote:

This seems the most natural and "right" way to do it as far as canon timeline is concerned to us. I think Osigiliath is the only one that we really question.

I gave thought about where Massing at Osgiliath should belong.

Only time WitchKing attacked Osgiliath was when Sauron was trying to get hold of the bridges to get Nazgul across Anduin to search for the Ring which happens roughly half year before Frodo leaves Shire.

That would put it between Dwarrowdelf and Heirs of Numenor Cycle in current quest pool if you want organize things in chronological order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
ellareth wrote:
I gave thought about where Massing at Osgiliath should belong.

Only time WitchKing attacked Osgiliath was when Sauron was trying to get hold of the bridges to get Nazgul across Anduin to search for the Ring which happens roughly half year before Frodo leaves Shire.

That would put it between Dwarrowdelf and Heirs of Numenor Cycle in current quest pool if you want organize things in chronological order.

Cool, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.