Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What storage/carrying case do you use? Did you make a custom case or find something premade online?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have them all in the plastic blister packs and cardboard boxes they came in. I did make a sheet with all the numbers and names in alphabetical order so I could find them easily, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's kinda expensive, but I like the solution below. I didn't buy it, since I don't have the miniatures (yet).

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I looked at that one. However, I don’t think I like the inside. I would rather have something where the figs fit snug with no room for “moving around” while being carried.

As you will see from the image below there is a lot of space around the figs.

http://img8.sellersourcebook.com/users/33354/dsp_000_0015_13...

Thanks for the suggestion though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about those camera/pistol cases with foam where you can remove the foam cubes you want and leave small holes to put one fig per hole? Something like this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1239473/the-lord-of-the-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah yes! That looks good. I think the foam would be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For a simple storage solution, you can fit all 48 figurines (in the plastic cases) in one big box expansion, if you just use the empty box. Again, that's just the simple solution.

I know that Chessex has some RPG figurine cases that I've looked into, but I was afraid to purchase any of them due to it's mention of housing 25mm figures. I've measured the investigators, and they are mostly all taller than that (if only by a few mm).

As a collector who likes to display as well as store his wares, I went with the custom box posted above in the forum. I haven't received it in the mail yet, but I've purchased the wood box that holds all of the games and expansions (tokens, cards, boards, etc.) and it's simply amazing. Some might not like it for it's price, but I think it is top notch and worth every penny. You can even put wheels on the darn thing to help move from play area to play area. I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
Throxx wrote:
What storage/carrying case do you use? Did you make a custom case or find something premade online?

Thanks!

My wife had an empty case that an art set came in (paint brushes, oil paints, ...).

I bought a small sheet of foam at a craft store and glued it in, making slits in the foam to hold the investigators' bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
I still have them all in the plastic blister packs and cardboard boxes they came in.

Basic, but this seems to work well for me - I take them out when i need them. All the small FFG packets stored in a large FFG cardboard box.

All the monsters stored the same way too.

The blue box above does look nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally I had them in a medium-sized Plano box that could be divided into really small slots. I could figure out the model for you. I couldn't quite fit all of them into one, so I had one box for men and one box for women. They fit standing vertically inside each slot. Not classy, but functional.

Turns out I never really travel with them, so I bought an old "type case", painted it black, and hung it on my wall. Now they are all displayed there. I also found some 0.5" round labels that I used to put each character's name on the bottom.

Mr. Launius just has them all tossed into a storage container, touching each other, and he carries them around this way, and they don't seem to be worse for the wear...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:

Mr. Launius just has them all tossed into a storage container, touching each other, and he carries them around this way, and they don't seem to be worse for the wear...

Wow - that's living on the edge. I bet he doesn't even sleeve his cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the miniatures, but he probably gets an unlimited lifetime supply of AH cards? He definitely doesn't sleeve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Full Doom Track
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
Has anyone ever considered using something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Chessex-Figure-Storage-Boxes-Humanoids...

or:

http://www.amazon.com/Games-Workshop-Figure-Storage-Carrying...

I have a larger version of one of these boxes for Warhammer Fantasy models and if I had any minis for AH I'd be using something like this for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Full Doom Track wrote:

I'd love to know if that fits everybody: if so I might pick one up for travel. Doesn't help me with the monsters though, which I also have on my walls. I should take a picture
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Are the investigator figs considered to be 25mm? I don’t have mine yet (order in transit) but I thought they might be a little taller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Full Doom Track
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
For those of you who have monster AND investigator figures, try using one of these totes. They ARE on the more expensive side, but they can be customized to fit investigators and monsters.

http://www.amazon.com/Sabol-SBLATC-Army-Transport-Case/dp/B0...

This features 2 2.5 inch deep foam trays for larger models as the picture shows. I use mine for Warhammer Model storage but you can purchase the individual trays separately. Not sure if these would be big enough to hold the larger FFG monsters.

Edit:
Here is another link for one of the custom trays that is a bit deeper than the 2.5 inch ones.
http://www.amazon.com/ARMYTRANSPORT-4-FIGURE-FOAM-TRAY/dp/B0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Tossed in a box. I never understand people who treat painted miniatures like porcelain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Tossed in a box. I never understand people who treat painted miniatures like porcelain.

Well, at over $200.00 for 48 figs I don’t want them getting scratched up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question- how many people kept them in the original packaging and just move the whole packages around the board? Be honest....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
They won't unless you chew on them or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
Question- how many people kept them in the original packaging and just move the whole packages around the board? Be honest....

Is that with or without a sleeve to protect the original packaging?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! You guys are some funny trolls..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throxx wrote:
Nice! You guys are some funny trolls..

Well all trolls are funny...

I have mine in split between two Plano boxes with two investigators per pocket. I did this more just to make it easier to find the investigators as I labeled the top of the box with the investigators in the pocket.

But in general if I have the storage space in the box I'll just throw my painted minis in the box, usually just in a plastic sandwich box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont you hate it when your card sleeves get all scratched up? Wish they made protectors for the sleeves... heh heh heh :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
Dont you hate it when your card sleeves get all scratched up? Wish they made protectors for the sleeves... heh heh heh :-)

It is a bit annoying - but they become less slippery and tall stacks fall over less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.