15 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Trouble on Octgn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Thorpe John Thorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Whenever I try to join a game, octgn freezes and doesn't let me?

It just says that I have been disconnected from the server

How do I solve this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jthorpe wrote:

How do I solve this?

Contact DB0 with your specific issue.
I recommend being much more descriptive than you have been in this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thorpe John Thorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Haha, sorry.

Not a techy person (obviously).

There is nothing more to say. OCTGN loads up, I click to join a game, and then it freezes, after a small while the window loads up and says disconnected from server!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Valliere
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
there is a ton more you could say

-What operating system you have?
-Which version of OCTGN you have?
-Which version of the netrunner module you have?
-Have you tried any other games on OCTGN?
-Have you been able to play Netrunner before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
jthorpe wrote:

How do I solve this?

These DCs are fake DCs (for me at least). It says we're DCed, and then I always ping my opponent and he goes "check". aka; we're both chatting and still connected.

OCTGN freezes for a while, I think it's probably not very efficient connecting people to their corresponding games...?

byronczimmer wrote:
Contact DB0 with your specific issue.
I recommend being much more descriptive than you have been in this post.

Also, unless DB0 does a lot of OCTGN development (I don't see him on the OCTGN contributors), this issue would be for them. db0 does the LCG plugins for it, so if you have a problem in game (like trace values coming up null for some funkified reason), you'd talk to him. Actual joining games and framework stuff should go to the OCTGN team itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OCTGN always freezes when I try to join, always, I just wait and eventually it sorts itself out. It's like the program almost crashes every time. It just seems to be the way it behaves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just click the game name once. No need to double-click--when you do, that's when I tend to find myself getting the disconnect message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We had this problem earlier today because we were playing with different versions. There have been several updates released in the last few days, so make sure you both have the latest one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thorpe John Thorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It finally started to work.

However, the cards do not have the card descriptions

Is there a way to get the card descriptions? I do not know them off by heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jthorpe wrote:
It finally started to work.

However, the cards do not have the card descriptions

Is there a way to get the card descriptions? I do not know them off by heart

Cards are censored for copyright reasons. If you own your own core set, you can scan your own cards and replace the images so you can read them without going through your actual cards. Here's how to do it:

http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=496
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for the hijack - I know BGG isn't supposed to be OCTGN help, but the forums over there are super slow and I bet someone here knows:

I've just gotten started with OCTGN, gotten ANR and Star Wars games and decks installed... But I still can't figure out the actual gameplay UI and would like to play some games against myself before wasting someone else's time because I don't know what to click to do something. Is that possible?

I was able to load up a Corp deck and play a turn without a runner present, but when I load up a runner deck, I get an error when I try to use "set up."

I haven't been able to figure out much of anything in Star Wars beyond playing objectives.

Anyway, any advice is welcome - you can PM me if you don't want to further derail this discussion. Thanks, chummers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
That error doesn't mean much. The game will still work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edited my post to remove the error, since it's basically beside the point and I shouldn't have mentioned it.

The point is I have no idea how to try "trial games" alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dakhor de Ayrennyn
msg tools
To trial with yourself you open or start Octgn but instead of signing in you slect offline play -> host game from the top left side menu. And then you open another insance of the program and do the same with join - pressing no if it asks you if u want to close the game already running.

For ip joining you do 127.0.0.1 assuming you run both instances on the same computer.

I am a total newb also and id like to get to play some too, but I feel voice chat is neccessary. As such i set up an mumble server and one of these days ill do the first game on Octgn.

Regards

DaC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dakhor wrote:
To trial with yourself you open or start Octgn but instead of signing in you slect offline play -> host game from the top left side menu. And then you open another insance of the program and do the same with join - pressing no if it asks you if u want to close the game already running.

For ip joining you do 127.0.0.1 assuming you run both instances on the same computer.

I am a total newb also and id like to get to play some too, but I feel voice chat is neccessary. As such i set up an mumble server and one of these days ill do the first game on Octgn.

Regards

DaC

Ah! I hadn't thought of that, I'll try it. Thanks.

I've still got Mumble installed from a prior life, so at least I'm ahead of things there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.