Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Martinez
United States
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddball Deadpool states that he receives an additional attack for every hero in play with an odd-numbered recruit cost.
Do Shield Heroes ( ex: Agents and Troopers with 0 cost ) count as odd numbered heroes??
If they do, then this card would be overpowered... Yikes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you think that, when zero is an even number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Englehart
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
Why would you think that, when zero is an even number?

This.

However, Shield Officers, who are cost 3, do count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1, 3, 5, 7, 9 = odd numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The book states that all Shield affiliated are heroes so any Shield character whose cost is odd numbered (zero is not an odd number, sorry) would count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, would other copies of "Deadpool" cards with odd numbered recruitment cost played that turn fulfill the requirements for the bonus, or does it mean only other heroes with odd numbers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keesvanloomacklin wrote:
So, would other copies of "Deadpool" cards with odd numbered recruitment cost played that turn fulfill the requirements for the bonus, or does it mean only other heroes with odd numbers?

Yes, other Deadpool cards count. Any card that is playable from your hand is a "Hero" in the game's terminology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But remember that the actual Oddball card being played itself does NOT count (but other plays of other Oddball cards would count)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a sort of related note and so I don't have to clog the forums with another question, Lets say I play the Emma Frost card 'Mental Discipline' which has a Recruit Star of 1 and lets me draw a card. If, after playing that card, I draw a card from my deck that gives me, say, a SHIELD Trooper which suddenly gives me that 1 extra Attack Factor I needed to add to two more Attack Factors I'm still holding in my hand thus giving me a total of 3.

Then, I play the three Attack to take out a Hand Ninja Henchman, which now gives me +1 Recruit Stars to recruit because of defeating the Hand Ninja. Can I now at this point use that +1 Recruit Star for killing the Hand Ninja and add it to the 1 Recruit Star from my Emma Frost card already played to recruit a cost 2 Spiderman Hero card?

It seems like a card layed, is a card played. So if I wanted to use her 1 Recruit Star after I drew the extra card from her Mental Discipline ability, I should have then used it to combine with any other Recruit Stars still in my hand to do my recruiting before doing any attacks. Which of course means that the +1 Recruit bonus for killing a Hand Ninja would be useless to combine with Emma's 1 Recruit Star because I would have already played those Recruit Stars. Unless, I was to lay down even more recruit stars after killing the Hand Ninja.

Sorry, I'm new to the game and this is probably a noob question. But the whole idea of coming back to a card (in this case Emma's 1 Recruit Star) after playing that card to take advantage of the Draw a Card ability, in order to make attacks, then recruit afterwards, seems "gamey" to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. When you play a card that gives you attack or recruit those points go into a pool. You can spend those attack or recruit points at any point during the turn. I usually play all my cards to determine how much attack and recruit I have but you can play some, spend the recruit and/or attack you have so far then play more cards and spending those points later in the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spot on! Think of the Attack points and Recruit points as contributing to a larger pool for you to use in your turn. Use them as you want or can and whatever doesn't get used, just fades away at the end of your turn to be started over with your next turn.

If it wasn't this way, in your example, there would be absolutely no point in putting that single Recruit star on Emma's card.

Welcome and game on!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simcha Kuritzky
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
Most card's special abilities are triggered only by the previous cards played, but Oddball's says "every other card" and does not seem to use this as a prerequisite. So does that mean if I have two oddball cards (and say 2 other hero cards that cost an odd amount), each of the oddball cards have a three-card bonus (the two non-Deadpool and the other oddball card), or does the first one get a two card bonus and the second one a three card bonus? Black Panther has a similar situation with multi-colored cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happylion wrote:
Most card's special abilities are triggered only by the previous cards played, but Oddball's says "every other card" and does not seem to use this as a prerequisite. So does that mean if I have two oddball cards (and say 2 other hero cards that cost an odd amount), each of the oddball cards have a three-card bonus (the two non-Deadpool and the other oddball card), or does the first one get a two card bonus and the second one a three card bonus? Black Panther has a similar situation with multi-colored cards.

When you play a card, you perform its text immediately. That card will generate a number of Attack Points and/or Recruit Points that are put into a "resource pool", an imaginary storage for how much of each resource you have accumulated.

Therefore, any new card that you play in your turn will not adjust the resource values of cards that you have previously played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.