United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gGLkbnGExA

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Any chance of it actually coming to fruition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
"What makes Fireball Island so popular after all these years? Perfect design and perfect gameplay."

Ha! Well, no, not exactly. But these expansions look so freeken' awesome! I had no idea this concept existed. It does look like that it attaches to a reprint of FB, which we are also yet to see.

The first name associated with this concept (Jay Kristopher Huddy - shown at the end of the video) doesn't appear to have a BGG account. The other name, Paul Weiss, has an account (could be a different Weiss) but it hasn't been active for several years.

There is an email and telephone number. Anyone care to call? I'm guessing this was a school project - though they put so much detail into the video that it seems almost like a waste! Holy crap, Milton Bradley! Give these guys a call, $10000 for their concepts and reprint away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
There is a zero percent chance this is a serious consideration. For one, a game as expensive to produce as Fireball island will never get reprinted... and if it does trying to sell how many expansions and expect that all of them work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

jaykristopherMar 21, 2011
As developers of an unofficial online version of the boardgame we were approached by Bruce Lund (creator of Fireball Island) to come up with some ideas that might enhance a potential re-release of the original game. We've been told this presentation was recently used by Lund & Company in a pitch to at least one major toy company. So to answer your question, its certainly not fake- but not yet entirely real. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

From the YT comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneillio Lorenzini
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And then there is this too:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/paul-weiss/the-official-fireball-is...

Anyone heard of (or read) this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And by official they mean totally unofficial. I still like it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The video of the gameplay in the expansion clip is from Board James:

http://cinemassacre.com/2010/02/03/board-james-fireball-isla...

(Warning, alot of their videos have some harsh language, for those of of you put off by such things...FYI)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
I know Paul Weiss.

I own a copy of his Advanced Rulebook and it is awesome. If you're anywhere near as obsessed with the game as I am, I recommend picking it up.

There were never any prototypes made for the Island Hopper expansions. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Islandhopper Giant Squid and Avalanche look like some excellent choices and gimmicks.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.