Popular Tags: [View All]
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1352261467/pattie-pro-pl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

for reals, it is pretty sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wisser
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
wow

snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
And he needs only a half million dollars to make this dream a reality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That was compelling! The two minutes he spent squeezing out ground beef patties in the least appetizing way possible? Riveting!

As you struggle to take in his poorly punctuated block of mostly intelligible exclamations, make sure your eye doesn't wander past the headline above it all: "Making a lot more than just patty's".

Also:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you just pat the meat on a cookie sheet and use a cereal bowl to cut patties. A lot faster and little clean-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think he showed us how it worked for long enough. I was ready to watch him make like, 30 patties, so I was disappointed when he stopped at 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the second or third one, I found myself going into a Zen-like state.

...and there was that one incomplete patty. That was riveting.

"Oh no!", I shouted at the screen, "The machine is defective! The theory is not sound!"

...but then he...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
added more meat. A brilliant plot twist.

edit: added spoiler tags. Sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG I watched the whole thing yuk

+ Inventive use of leftover plumbing supplies.

- Only makes 1.5 patties before it needs a refill.

oh and please dont let Mr.Cranky read the text on the KS page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm.... classic tupperware press AND storage option. Looks easier to use and clean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gulp

zombie

shake

Notice how he had to form the meat into perfect little tubes to stuff it into the machine. Why not spend that time forming the meat into actual patties. Then you can cut out all that time you spend using and cleaning that horrendous device. You also won't need to cut a little square of wax paper for each patty you make.

Reminds me of idiots who go on Shark Tank and pretend that their garage hobby is a million-dollar company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
And just what exactly does it do besides make hamburger patties, as he so forcefully claims in his 2nd grade-level essay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
His hair looks like a Lego dude's hair where the head piece and hair piece are not clicked together so the hair piece has slid forward.

Playmobil would also work as an apt comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I remember throwing horse patties at my little sister, does it make those do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I don't think he showed us how it worked for long enough. I was ready to watch him make like, 30 patties, so I was disappointed when he stopped at 6.

he runs the Waffle House where you and Matt found the cockroaches on the table
Re: Dear Waffle House,

and he didn't wash his hands before making the patties

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I refuse to throw my money at anyone who doesn't always capitalise "I" and who uses "thru" in a written sales pitch.

....and whose equipment seems a bit silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot support anyone who misuses commas to the extent that this man did. $500,000 should cover the advance you coughed up for a copy-editor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
gulp

zombie

shake

Notice how he had to form the meat into perfect little tubes to stuff it into the machine. Why not spend that time forming the meat into actual patties. Then you can cut out all that time you spend using and cleaning that horrendous device. You also won't need to cut a little square of wax paper for each patty you make.

Reminds me of idiots who go on Shark Tank and pretend that their garage hobby is a million-dollar company.

Ah, ha!

But when he's made his millions, I'll design a machine that fits on top of his to make the tubes for you!

Brilliant!

Diis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having worked at an Arby's years ago, where we handled lots of meat and meat-handling equipment, my first thought as the first patty came out is "How do you properly clean that thing?"

I noticed that the little window is held down with bolts and wingnuts, so I'm hoping that they allow you to take the window off so the "patty circle" can be cleaned and sterilized.

If he wants my money he's going to need to figure out a way to eliminate the hand-formed tubes of ground meat and just dump the meat in one end and have continuous feed as you slide the patties out. I would suggest adapting it like the old slide projectors that those of us "of a certain age" recall from our youth, where one slide was being shown while the next one was being loaded, then you slid that side in and the first slide came out and was replaced while the second one is shown. Repeat until your vacation slides of the Grand Canyon were all shown.

As others above me have pointed out, he's increased the work load a lot just to have "nice-looking" hamburger patties in case you have guests over. If your guests have nothing better to do than criticize your hand-formed burgers, then you need a new set of friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:

Kevin O'Leary would have a field day with this guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:

As others above me have pointed out, he's increased the work load a lot just to have "nice-looking" hamburger patties in case you have guests over. If your guests have nothing better to do than criticize your hand-formed burgers, then you need a new set of friends.

I agree. Personally I would prefer, and I would compliment my host if I was served home-made burger patties [that would be obvious if they are hand-formed]. Not everything has to come out a packet [or look like it].

A little care with the 'essay' or at least a spell/grammar check would give viewers the sense he was serious. Asking for such a large sum gives the appearance that he has not done any more than make and show friends a basic proto-type for his little invention. To fund this I would want to know more about his work to date.

I would lay odds I could roll more burgers in an hour than he could with his engineering marvel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
Ummm.... classic tupperware press AND storage option. Looks easier to use and clean.

Hey I have those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

Hey I have those.

If you keep posting this pic the thread will be sent to RSP!!! modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.