Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Lo Mundo
Italy
Villafranca Tirrena (ME)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'm not sure to have understood what is a "controlled city".
In the rules I read that "A player can place one cube on top of an uncontrolled stack of Arab or Byzantine City tokens. He now has control of the city".

So, an "uncontrolled city" is a city not controlled by any player.

Later in the rules (in the "combat" section) I read: "If a Field Army moves to a city that is not controlled by the same side then it must attack it immediately."

I think that the statements above mean that a player can only attack a city "controlled" (by another player), and not a city still not uncontrolled (i.e. a city without a cube or player token on it).

In the rules all the examples report combats between two players, with the exception of the attack against a Persian city, in which case "the siege combat occurs as described above, with another player rolling the dice".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every city with a player cube on top (or player fortification) is a controlled city. You can attack all uncontrolled cities including Bulgar cities and Persian cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eaton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read it, you HAVE to attack a city (even if it is uncontrolled, Byzantine, Arab, Persian or Bulgar) if you move an army unit not of that side into its space. As far I can see, the only restriction is that you cannot attack (and therefore move) an army unit to an opposing city that you control (ie you can't attack yourself, even with a civil war). In other words, the Byzantine/Arab side can control a city, even if it is not controlled by a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lo Mundo
Italy
Villafranca Tirrena (ME)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies.

I think that another restriction (not included in the rules) is that you can't attack a city (uncontrolled or controlled by another player) in which you have your army fo the opposite side, i.e. if you attack with your Arab army, you can't attack a Byzantine city controlled by another player if you have there your Byzantine army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.