admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaaaahhhhhhh.

Seen just now on TV.

What is the name of Captain Kirk's space ship in Star Trek?
A. Tardis
B. Enterprise
C. Titanic
D. Poseidon

Stupidest Person In The World:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
ummm.... A

OK. Maybe she's never seen Dr Who OR Star Trek. And at least she didn't choose the Titanic.

How many sides does a Pentagon have?
A. 3
B. 4
C. 5
D. 6

SPITW:
A

!!! Has she never seen a triangle??? Arrrgh!

Which of the following is extinct?
A. Patagonian Tooth Fish
B. Moa
C. Giant Panda
D. Emperor Penguin

SPITW:
A???

***Melissa's head explodes***

It's channel 31 - community TV. She was playing for a hot dog. I don't think she even got onion on it. In fact, she may not have got a sausage either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jr
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She can't be SO stupid as to not know that a pentagon has more than 3 sides! Sorry, but I just can't belive this isn't set up…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Squee, but she really was that stupid. This is a community television version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Except that they are not playing for a million dollars. They are playing for hot dogs (I kid you not).

They have a hot dog truck set up in the backyard or parking lot of a pub. Roving reporters pick a person from a group of friends in the pub and take the contestant out the back to see in front of the Hot Dog truck and play.

Question d10-1 you are playing for the hot dog with sausage (special sausage)
Question d10-2 you are playing for onion
Question d10-3 you are playing for cheese
Question d10-4 you are playing for bacon
Question d10-5 you are playing for a hot dog with the lot for all your mates (risking your own hot dog in the process).

Any incorrect answer and you lose the dog and any extras you may have won so far.

The contestant has two "dog lines". One is a fifty-fifty where the hot dog "chef" will knock out two incorrect answers from the four alternatives. In this case the girl took the fifty-fifty after wanting to pick 3 for the pentagon. 3 and 4 where eliminated and she still got it wrong. The other "dog line" is ask a friend, where they cross back to your mates in the pub and ask them. In tonight's episode she was only saved from answering "Name Captain Kirk's spaceship in Star Trek" with
"The Tardis"
by being convinced to use the ask a friend dog line shake

She really was that stupid. She went A as Melissa mentioned each time, saved by the dog lines twice.

Great show BTW, I recommend any Melbourne based Geeks surf Channel 31 for it or hang out in pubs on Friday nights hoping to be at the right pub!

We won't even talk about the next contestant who chose "Yen" as the Vietnamese currency and knocked back all offers of using a dog line and was thus eliminated in her very first question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
People, in general, are stupid. Most know how to feed, bathe and dress themselves and the rest is instinctive behavior. Hmmmm. I'm hungry. Hmmmmm, I stink. Hmmmm. I'm naked. Hmmm I'm horny.

In the early seventies, I dated a woman who asked me this. "When the astronauts went to the moon, did they pass a star on the way?"

Ok, it wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't been a Master's Degree Candidate in Education.

Years ago, Jay Leno joked (I hope) that 40% of high school students think the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States starts like this... "Space the final frontier..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:

In the early seventies, I dated a woman who asked me this. "When the astronauts went to the moon, did they pass a star on the way?"

You can't be serious.

Astronauts have been to the moon!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:

Astronauts have been to the moon!?!

That's debatable.

"I want to believe"ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake B.
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, the Star Trek question isn't having to do with his intelligence level (technically none of them are), rather his pop-culture knowlege. Just because somebody doesn't watch TV, doesn't make them stupid. It probably actually makes them smarter.

The pentagon question is at least something that anybody who's ever stepped foot inside of a school should know. Socially inept and uncultured is one thing, but this is just clueless on all levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
First of all, I would play for hot dogs.

I would need to skip the onion and bacon though. (Bacon on a hot dog? That's wrong.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
United States
San Ramon
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
First of all, I would play for hot dogs.

I would need to skip the onion and bacon though. (Bacon on a hot dog? That's wrong.)

So, what, you'd rather just eat the pig's asshole?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Voderberg
United States
Lake Mary
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TARDIS

Time
And
Relative
Dimention
In
Space

and I am from the US ;->

Oy is all I can say. People are stupid...

these aren't like the WotC trivia questions I got asked:->

Name Two Star Trek eps. that won Hugos for the win Alex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejamer wrote:
Wow, you're nuts. Didn't anyone ever tell you that bacon goes with EVERYTHING? On pizza. On hot dogs. On fries (especially if you put cheese on top). With scallops. In sandwiches. With pancakes and eggs. Sprinkled over salad. Cassaroles. Ice cream.

Well, maybe not strawberry ice cream... but everything else.

On Hot Cross Buns.

At least, that's what I craved both times I was pregnant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
(Bacon on a hot dog? That's wrong.)

Obviously, you have never relished a Fee-lay Wee-nair. Bacon wrapped around a hot dog and roasted over an open flame. Yummy.

I am curious about how you can add "special sausage" to a hot dog, though. Sounds like the roll may get a bit crowded.

Addendum: Trivia is one of my strong suits; however, when I play along with WWTBAM at home, I always seem to flame out on the non-geeky pop culture questions (since I despise what passes for music to the modern masses and rarely view a motion picture that does not have cute animated characters in it ever since children entered my life). I am usually the one hollering at the screen because I know who wrote the speech where Spiro Agnew called the United States press "nattering nabobs of negativism" (it was William Safire, one of my favorite columnists). I should be the one walking away with $250,000.00!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
I am curious about how you can add "special sausage" to a hot dog, though. Sounds like the roll may get a bit crowded.

Special sausage instead of your common hot dog "sausage", in other words a decent BBQ type sausage. I don't their budget runs to offering two sausages in the hot dog meeple

Crosis101 wrote:
Dimention
Actually the purists prefer "Dimensions", but if you spoke quickly it would probably get paid and after all the 9th Doctor made a similar mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Special sausage instead of your common hot dog "sausage", in other words a decent BBQ type sausage. I don't their budget runs to offering two sausages in the hot dog meeple

OIC. Don't y'all call these things "bangers" or is that strictly a term used by the pre-Botany Bay'ers.

BTW, some of the Oz slang terms that I have heard simply keep me ROFLing sometimes. Does anyone actually use terms like budgie smugglers (Speedos) and bush oysters (expectorated mucus)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Karlsen wrote:

OIC. Don't y'all call these things "bangers" or is that strictly a term used by the pre-Botany Bay'ers.

BTW, some of the Oz slang terms that I have heard simply keep me ROFLing sometimes. Does anyone actually use terms like budgie smugglers (Speedos) and bush oysters (expectorated mucous)?

Snags is actually the preferred term for the high-fat offal tube (thank you Yes Minister) for BBQ purposes. "Bangers" is generally only used for when they are served with Mash, i.e. Bangers and Mash.

"Budgie Smugglers" is used, although not a lot, but it is a mighty fine expression! "Bush Oysters" is one normally reserved for conversations with foreigners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedTorgerson wrote:
Quote:
A. Patagonian Tooth Fish
B. Moa
C. Giant Panda
D. Emperor Penguin

Gimme a dogline... Is it B?

Yes.

I can't fault the person for this one. I have never heard of either a "Patagonian Tooth Fish" or a "Moa", so I would have needed to guess between them.

Moa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moa
Patagonian Toothfish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patagonian_Toothfish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Voderberg
United States
Lake Mary
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Actually the purists prefer "Dimensions", but if you spoke quickly it would probably get paid and after all the 9th Doctor made a similar mistake.

Course we could tlk about all the times Picard ordered people to the "Transformer Room" not transporter. :->

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tpancoast wrote:
TedTorgerson wrote:
Quote:
A. Patagonian Tooth Fish
B. Moa
C. Giant Panda
D. Emperor Penguin

Gimme a dogline... Is it B?

Yes.

I can't fault the person for this one. I have never heard of either a "Patagonian Tooth Fish" or a "Moa", so I would have needed to guess between them.

Moa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moa
Patagonian Toothfish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patagonian_Toothfish

Actually given that the contestants are Australian then, as an Australian, I can fault them. The Patagonian Tooth Fish has been in the media here on and off for years mainly about over fishing and the Moa is was the New Zealand version of the Emu or Ostrich (i.e. big tall flightless bird) that was hunted into extinction by the Maoris around 300-400 years ago. This too should be well known by the majority of Australians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
To be fair, the Star Trek question isn't having to do with his intelligence level (technically none of them are), rather his pop-culture knowlege. Just because somebody doesn't watch TV, doesn't make them stupid. It probably actually makes them smarter.

No, I really think they're freaking stupid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
So... the 'folks' who didn't 'get' the "Dr.WHO" stuff can be 'known' as:
''RE-tardis''?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember when Titanic was all the rage in the theaters, and a news crew was interviewing some teens who could believe the boat sank and all those people died.

My thought: Huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools

Given the sisyphean nature of what I'm currently attempting, I may qualify for the titular award...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moa's are not extinct in New Zealand. I have one and it does a great job of keeping the lawn short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.