Subject: Advanced Tobruk - Stalingrad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Buterbaugh
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So, I'm checking out Critical Hit's Advanced Tobruk site. Turns out they have 2 separate Stalingrad games. One is the ATS Basic Game II: Streets of Stalingrad, the other is Combat Stalingrade: Dzerherinzsky: Tractor Works 1942: ATS Upgrade.

The Combat Stalingrad set costs $10 more, but I'm assuming is a more complete game. Can anyone fill me in on the difference between the 2, and which is the better deal? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danbuter wrote:
So, I'm checking out Critical Hit's Advanced Tobruk site. Turns out they have 2 separate Stalingrad games. One is the ATS Basic Game II: Streets of Stalingrad, the other is Combat Stalingrade: Dzerherinzsky: Tractor Works 1942: ATS Upgrade.

The Combat Stalingrad set costs $10 more, but I'm assuming is a more complete game. Can anyone fill me in on the difference between the 2, and which is the better deal? Thanks!

danbuter you are correct.

ATS Basic Game II: Streets of Stalingrad is an introduction to the ATS system using a basic game ruleset. This game uses a portion of the Dzerherinzsky map and has larger hexes.

Dzerherinzsky: Tractor Works uses the full ATS ruleset.

Both games would require a D10 to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Combat! Stalingrad ATS upgrade has 9 scenarios and the full ATS rules set (48 pages.) There is no basic game included, so it would be difficult to learn the system if you haven't played before.

The ATS Basic Game II package has a 20 page rules set with just the rules needed for the four scenarios included. (The rules are the same as the full system rules, they just deleted terrain types and weapons not used in Stalingrad.) Start with this one, and if you like it, you can get other games in the system.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buterbaugh
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Well, I've decided to go with the Basic Game for now, and ordered it from my LGS. Sounds like it will be really cool. The next problem will be finding other players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.